Executive education: IMD’s winning approach to executive education
Executive education is an important tool for global businesses to nurture top leadership talent. It offers executives new knowledge to enhance skills and gives them the opportunity to step back and gain a new perspective on their roles.
In an increasingly complex global business environment, leaders will continue to look for ways to stay ahead of the crowd and effectuate meaningful change, ensuring continued need for high-quality executive education.
What’s new in executive education?
Companies and their executives are demanding ever more from executive education programs. The curriculum needs to be relevant to global business challenges and must evolve with world trends. Experienced executives already have proven understanding of business fundamentals; what they seek from business management programs, above all, is to hone their leadership effectiveness. The best value-added therefore comes from executive education programs that focus on leadership training, rather than technical, function-specific learning.
Features of executive education from top international business schools include:
- Business management training by respected authorities who are at the forefront of management thought and research, and who are also in touch with the real world of business
- Individual executive business coaching to develop leadership skills
- High-calibre participants who challenge each other and enjoy unique networking opportunities
- Customized executive education programs for company teams
- Hands-on learning experiences that are based in the real world and provide immediate value and impact
Real-world executive education: IMD’s driving principle
Executive education programs designed to address real-world business needs will best help executives – and provide the best return on investment.
This is exactly IMD’s approach: Real Word, Real Learning. More than a business school, we collaborate with executives and companies to resolve real business issues, build capabilities and prepare for the future. We adopt flexible, impactful learning methods to provide the programs that global executives need, when and how they need them. Like the top international organizations we serve, we innovate constantly in response to international business challenges and world mega trends. Run like a business, not only as an academic institution, we adopt a relentlessly practical, problem-solving approach to create true value and impact.
Another reason our executive education is so relevant is our global perspective and intellectual and cultural diversity. Our management training programs attract some of the most international groups you’ll meet — experienced executives ready to challenge each other and be challenged by our world-class Faculty.
Our pioneering approach to executive education is why IMD consistently achieves impressive business school rankings: IMD is ranked first in executive education outside the US (Financial Times 2008-2013) and first in open programs worldwide (Financial Times 2012 & 2013).
What kind of executive education are you after?
- Executive development program for mid-career managers
- Leadership courses for experienced managers
- Business management training for young, high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Business development strategy program for leaders encountering a specific challenge
- Top executive education program for CEOs and other senior executives
- Corporate governance best practices program for board members
- Business finance course for senior financial and business executives
- Program for women business leaders
- Or use our Program Finder to discover all our programs for executive education!