Each year, the IMD Annual Report charts and explores the institution’s approach and activities as a world leader in executive education and research. Fuelled by pioneering thought leadership, a unique proximity to business and innovative pedagogy, IMD develops leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society through an award-winning range of open and custom programs, and MBA and EMBA degrees.
In 2019, IMD continued to strengthen its world-class offering as it strives to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations.
Highlights from 2019 include:
- New purpose, mission and values
- Launch of IMD NEXUS - a groundbreaking learning platform
- Ranked in top three executive education institutions for 8th consecutive year (FT rankings)
- Sustainability policy approved, with five focus areas
- EFMD BSIS impact label accreditation
- Enterprise for Society Center - joint venture with UNIL and EFL
- UEFA Innovation Challenge with ECAL and ThinkSport for MBA students
- Record revenues, thanks to strong executive education performance
IMD is committing itself to redefining executive education, research and organizational transformation. Our objective, and the objective of the leaders we develop, goes beyond improving the bottom line or increasing an executive’s chances of a promotion or salary increase. We articulate a more holistic, engaging and inspiring vision of what it means to be a leader today and tomorrow, how organizations can play their part in this rapidly changing world, and - importantly - why purpose and responsibility matter.
Former IMD Chairman Peter Wuffli | IMD President Jean-François Manzoni
The IMD Annual Report 2019 can be read in full here: