Driving Strategic Innovation is a powerful alliance between IMD and MIT Sloan, offering:
- The latest leadership knowledge from IMD and state-of-the-art technology research from MIT Sloan
- Unparalleled expertise and a unique learning experience, jointly led by IMD and MIT Sloan’s faculty
Strong credential to your profile with a certificate from two world-class institutions
What you'll learn
You will get equipped with the skills and techniques to develop an innovation strategy roadmap, rethink your business model, and become an effective leader of innovation.
Explore frameworks for managing the (often unclear) front-end of the innovation process and learn to navigate increasingly unpredictable value chains.
Acquire a toolbox for fostering innovative ideas, practicing rapid prototyping and engaging in business model innovation.
Discover best practices for creating and sustaining a culture of innovation in your team and organization, and become an effective leader of innovation.
Who will benefit
How the program works
Key program themes include:
- Incremental and discontinuous innovation are not opposites, they are partners
- We love our customers, but we are always out of equilibrium with them
- We might serve our customers better by talking with people who are not our customers, and never will be
- Good ideas do not just rely on experts, they require non-experts as well
- Innovation thrives when ambiguity is both reduced and enlarged
- Creating value is not the same as capturing value
- Wide-ranging creativity requires discipline
- Bottom-up entrepreneurial innovation thrives under strong, self-confident, top-down leaders
Throughout the whole program, you will take part in wide-ranging and challenging discussions, intensive group projects and live case studies. The program design gives ample opportunities for rich interaction with faculty and among peers. Alumni of the program form a network of innovation thinkers who continue to exchange ideas long after the program ends.
Work with expert faculty to drive innovation
The Driving Strategic Innovation program is designed and led by IMD Professor Bill Fischer and MIT Sloan Professor Charles Fine, award-winning faculty members and world authorities in their fields. You will get to work with both of them throughout this 2-week fully immersive experience.
William A. Fischer is Emeritus Professor of Innovation Management. He co-founded and co-directs the IMD program on Driving Strategic Innovation, in cooperation with the Sloan School of Management at MIT and also authors…
Charles Fine is the Chrysler Leaders for Global Operations Professor of Management at the MIT Sloan School of Management. SInce 2015 he has also served as CEO, President, and Dean of the Asia School of Business…