Ethics, responsibility and sustainability
At IMD, we believe a sense of shared responsibility is essential for the prosperity and flourishing of individuals, businesses, communities and countries. We develop responsible leaders who act with integrity, contribute to sustainable performance, and have a positive impact on society.
As we engage with business executives and participants, we will challenge what is and inspire what could be. We will equip leaders with the skills to promote responsible consumption and production to create sustainable communities; to invest in resources that increase access to markets and reduce inequalities; and ensure diversity of experience and thought to nurture inclusiveness and creativity.
IMD’s approach to sustainability is guided by the six Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME). PRME seeks to realise the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through responsible management education. It supports a process of continuous improvement to develop a new generation of business leaders capable of managing the complex challenges faced by business and society in the 21st century. IMD is committed to progress in the implementation of the following PRME principles:
- We will develop the capabilities of participants to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy
- We will incorporate into our academic activities, curricula, and organisational practices the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the United Nations Global Compact.
- We will create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
- We will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding of the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic value.
- We will interact with managers of business corporations to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
- We will facilitate and support dialogue and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organisations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
We understand that our own organisational practices should serve as example of the values and attitudes we convey to our participants.
As we educate the leaders of today and tomorrow, we will work to create exponential impact by inspiring our participants, alumni, employees, suppliers and surrounding community to embrace the creation of shared value.
Please contact Natalia Olynec, Sustainability Partner, [email protected] for more information.