2 weeks on campus
& on campus (Lausanne)
- Nurture and refresh your core business
- Strategically evaluate novel growth opportunities
- Adopt a growth mindset and develop crucial capabilities for tomorrow
Broaden your perspectives, transform the future of your business
IMD’s Advanced Management Program is a comprehensive strategy and leadership program. It will enable you, as a senior executive and general manager, to rethink and refresh your business today, and understand complex market forces so you can strategically re-evaluate and capture tomorrow’s opportunities.
Get an outside-in, 360 perspective of the business landscape to recognize challenges and spot opportunities.
Design a forward-thinking strategy to take your business forward into the future amidst complex market forces.
Bolster your leadership skills to effectively enthuse and inspire your organization to reach new heights despite increasing workforce complexity.
Is this program right for you?
This program is for senior executives and C-suite, with proven general management work experience, possibly overseeing multiple products or countries.
How the program works
- Identify your business challenge
- Examine external and internal factors affecting your business
- Engage your team at work and gather feedback on your business challenge
- Work with your personal executive coach to discuss and refine your business challenge
Key topics: complex problem solving; macro trends and outside-in perspectives; strategy design and execution; and corporate culture and high-performance teams.
- Deep-dive into foundational business topics to gain fresh insights
- Engage in an immersive 3-day leadership workshop in the mountains
- Work intensely with a global cohort of senior executives, faculty and your own executive coach to design your strategy and a concrete action plan to resolve your business challenge for implementation back at work
Key topics: transformation and agility; digital disruption; sustainability; data-driven decision-making; new insights into functional topics such as strategy, innovation, marketing & finance; self-awareness, team dynamics and your growth mindset.
Engage with faculty and your personal executive coach to follow up on the implementation of your strategic plan and deliver a real-world impact on your business.
Meet your Program Director
"A visionary and agile approach, rooted in a solid understanding of disruptive market forces, is vital for any general manager seeking to secure the success of a business," says Goutam Challagalla, Program Director for the Advanced Management Program.
Goutam Challagalla is Professor of Strategy and Marketing at IMD. Prior to IMD, he spent 20 years as a professor at Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Professor Challagalla also worked as Principal at The Monitor Group, a strategy…