IMD’s commitment to excellence is reflected in sustained top rankings from the Financial Times and other influential business publications. IMD is one of just two business schools worldwide that has been ranked in the top five of the Financial Times Executive Education Rankings for more than 15 consecutive years.
Across multiple rankings, IMD routinely ranks as among the best in international faculty and the international diversity of participants. The school’s top places in the Financial Times open and custom program rankings are driven by high sub-scores in the categories assessing faculty quality, teaching materials & methods, and aims achieved.
- #1 worldwide for open programs for nine years in a row - 2012-2020 (Financial Times)
- In the Top 3 worldwide for executive education / combined ranking for open & custom programs for nine years in a row - 2012-2020 (Financial Times)
- Top 3 worldwide for overall ranking (open and custom programs) for eight years in a row - 2012-2019 (Financial Times)
- Top 5 worldwide for overall ranking for more than 15 years in a row (Financial Times)
- #1 MBA international 1-year program - 2019 (Forbes)
- #1 MBA program in Europe - 2019-2020 (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- #1 MBA program worldwide for criteria on international students; international faculty - 2021 (Financial Times)
- #8 EMBA program worldwide - 2020 (The Economist)
- #1 EMBA program worldwide for criteria on international faculty; languages – 2020 (Financial Times)
- #1 EMBA program for career development - 2018 (The Economist)
IMD is ranked #1 in the world for Open Programs for the ninth consecutive year in the 2020 Financial Times Executive Education Rankings.
For combined Open and Custom Programs, IMD was ranked #3 in the world, making…
Accreditation labels signal quality to prospective participants and underline IMD’s
commitment to delivering the very highest standards in real learning and real impact.
In 2020, IMD sustained the premier “triple-crown” of AACSB, European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) EQUIS, and AMBA accreditations, confirming IMD’s commitment to delivering the highest levels of real learning and real impact.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
AACSB provides internationally recognized, specialized accreditation for business and accounting programs at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral level.
Positive impact in Switzerland
Business School Impact System
In recognition of conducting a comprehensive impact assessment, IMD was honored with the prestigious Business School Impact System (BSIS) label from EFMD. The label recognizes business schools on the forefront of measuring their local impacts.
With the label, IMD became one of the approximately one dozen pioneering business schools to hold the three elite accreditations and the BSIS seal.
Principles for Responsible Management Education
The Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) is a United Nations-supported initiative founded in 2007 as a platform to raise the profile of sustainability in schools around the world.
EcoVadis Corporate Social Responsibility
The EcoVadis Corporate Social Responsibility rating methodology measures the quality of a company’s CSR management system – through its policies, actions, and results.
IMD has stepped up its action and measurement efforts in the area of sustainability in recent years. EcoVadis announced the business school’s silver rating for 2021, showing a clear year-on-year progression.