Length 5 weeks (4-6 hours per week)
Fee CHF 1,950
Next program starts 18 September 2023
Certification Receive IMD certificate upon completion
Manage, accelerate, and embed change successfully
Organizational transformation happens when you can engage the minds, hearts, and behaviors of the people involved. To do so, you need to design a change process and create the context that enables change.
IMD’s Change Management program is designed to help you successfully manage your organizational change initiatives – from envisioning the change to mobilizing the people and processes that will bring the change to life.
Throughout the program, you will apply your learnings to a change initiative that you are currently leading or involved in.
You will explore change management through several lenses: individual and organizational; rational and emotional; people and processes. The holistic perspective you will gain brings together strategy and leadership to allow you to successfully inspire, mobilize, and embed change.
Clarify the reasons for change and craft a compelling vision.
Understand your stakeholders and potential resistance to change.
Identify tactics that help you accelerate your change and bring stakeholders on board.
Craft and deliver powerful change communication messages.
Evaluate and track the success of your change initiative and sustain the momentum.
You are a leader of change initiatives, a manager involved in a change initiative, or you are supporting your team in executing the strategy and spearheading a transformation.
Your class is individually selected to ensure that you experience the most impactful learning with a truly diverse group of global peers. They will become a trusted resource, encourage your learning journey, and surprise you in many beneficial ways during and beyond your learning experience.
Your online learning journey
Your five-week learning journey is delivered in five units, with each unit examining one of the five change catalysts that help to accelerate your change. You apply your learnings immediately by reflecting on your own change initiative and working through various tools and exercises. You will leave the program with practical tools and techniques that help you to successfully lead and manage change in your organization.
As part of the program, you will take part in a simulation to better understand how to engage with stakeholders and which tactics are most effective for mobilizing people behind your change initiative.
Each week of the program requires a time commitment of 4-6 hours and includes clear learning objectives and deliverables to help you self-measure the impact of your learning. You will be accompanied by a dedicated executive coach who provides you with weekly feedback and support, and helps you translate what you learn to your own context.
- Understand the foundations of change management
- Ensure that you have mapped out key roles in change
- Be able to understand the why of change
- Craft a compelling change vision
- Diagnose and scope the change and identify forces for and against the change
- Discover emotional stages of the change process, and reflect on how to best lead people through these stages
- Identify key stakeholders, understand what is important to them, and map them relative to one another
- Learn the most common areas of resistance to change
- Learn about the overall change process and decide on the scope and pace of your change
- Discover sources of influence which you can harness, even when you are lacking formal authority
- Understand the organizational context in which your change is taking place & identify tactics you can use to influence change
- Discover the key elements of successful change communication, and the channels through which it happens
- Learn to craft and deliver powerful and meaningful change messages through various techniques
- Create your own change communication plan for an initiative you’re working on
- Evaluate the change initiative by adoption level across stakeholders & use different methods to evaluate adoption levels
- Build, reinforce and sustain momentum of change
- Build individual and organizational change resilience
Many change initiatives fail. This hands-on program develops your strategic and leadership capabilities so you can successfully inspire, mobilize, and embed change.
Leading change successfully requires engaging the hearts, minds, and energy of those involved. This program provides the knowledge, tools, and best practices to bring your change initiatives to life.
Our structured, yet flexible online programs are designed for impact and delivered for you. Explore what makes the IMD online program experience exceptional.
Programs designed and taught by IMD faculty, world-renowned experts in their fields.
One-on-one support from an experienced executive coach to ensure that learning objectives are attained.
Group and pair work with participants from around the world enriches learning through exposure to fresh perspectives.
Micro-learning focused on knowledge retention and actionable insights.
Carefully designed multimedia material for a dynamic online experience.
Programs grounded in practical assignments guarantee the immediate application of new knowledge and techniques.
Length: 5 weeks (4-6 hours per week).
Join as a team
A team from the same company that enrolls for any of our online programs benefits from a special rate (every 10th participant joins the program for free). We can also work with you to customize learning objectives to your team’s goals, enabling you to develop a common approach to your specific organizational challenges. Contact us to explore the best solution for you.
Earn your Online Advanced Certificate and take your career to the next level.
Complete three online programs to deepen your expertise in a specific area that is relevant to your aspirations and goals.
Successful completion of this program takes you one step closer to joining IMD’s powerful alumni network.
Jumpstart your journey to top leadership
Unleash your leadership potential, uncover how to use power and influence effectively, and manage a high-performing team.
IMD NEXUS members receive a number of seats in addition to a wide range of further benefits and services.