MBA Career Development Operations Officer
The Job’s mission
The Career Development Operations Officer is responsible for all the operations and the day to day running of the department. This includes all the administrative tasks, reporting, managing all the online platforms used by the department, and the logistics and running for all events organized by the Career Development Center. Additionally, he/she also provides support and services to MBA participants.
Key activities & accountabilities
- General administration of the Career Development Center and the financial operations, budget control and follow up. This includes generating and follow up of POs, invoice payment, invoicing companies for on-campus recruitment events. The operations officer will be the link with the accounting department.
- Responsible for reporting and data analysis. Yearly placement reports, recruitment statistics and overall reporting.
- Will manage all the online platforms used by the Career Development Center, such as VMock and Canvas. Will input information and create the necessary reports. Will also manage the relation with external suppliers (VMock, MBA-Exchange, Highered, CaseCoach, etc.) and will provide support to MBAs on the use of those platforms.
- Update the content of the Career Development Center website
- Coordinate workshops, career advising activities and events. Organize (design, implement and supervise) simulated interviews and Alumni panels.
- Organize (design, implement and supervise) recruitment activities (company presentations, interviews, Talent Forum). This applies to on-campus, off-campus and virtual activities.
- Support the process and logistics of all Career Development Center documents (Faculty Book, Profile Book and CV Book)
- Review current processes and implement required changes in order to improve efficiency
- Within the scope of the role, the Career Development Operations Officer will also be contributing to other department activities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business administration, hospitality management, marketing or equivalent
- 5 years previous experience in career departments and/or talent acquisition will be a plus.
- International experience (academic and/or professional).
- English mothertongue or equivalent, other languages are a plus.
- Very high level of written English required for written communications to stakeholders (participants, alumni, IMD internal comms)
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills in general. Technology Savvy
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work in teams and a client-focused attitude.
- High level of comfort interacting with demanding clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and use resources efficiently.
- Calm demeanour and capacity to work under stress and with tight deadlines
- Able to provide solutions and think out of the box. Capacity to innovate, review and improve processes.
- Availability to work 100%
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.