The Job’s mission
Ensure that IMD has a scalable world-class offering of digital learning resources that can be accessed in asynchronous and synchronous fashion by IMD’s global participants. Work with faculty and other relevant internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver world-class customizable learning modules and experiences comprising personalized iterative learning processes and appropriate assessment mechanisms.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Design asynchronous and synchronous iterative learning journeys incorporating multiple learning loops and branching mechanisms based on learner performance and learner preferences.
- Leverage AI systems and algorithms to ensure state of the art, intuitive and fully personalized learning experiences.
- Ensure scalable design leveraging a range of learning facilitation mechanisms (coaching, peer review, quizzes etc)
- Develop appropriate assessment mechanisms to quantitatively and qualitatively measure learner assimilation and learner mastery across a range of relevant and demonstrable competencies.
- Provide guidance, support, training to faculty and staff around design principles/best practices in virtual/blended learning. Enable systematized creation of relevant material via deployment of structured processes.
- Codify content drawn from the full range of IMD’s online and face to face offerings to shape IMD’s future portfolio of learning offerings. Collaborate closely with IMD’s Director of Digital Learning and IMD Faculty to select, prioritize, organize and build material and offerings to shape a learning portfolio relevant to IMD’s current and future customers.
The Learning Designer-Virtual/Hybrid/Blended works closely with a range of internal stakeholders-Dean of Programs and Innovation, Director of Digital Learning, Director of Impact Measurement, Director of IT, Director of Sales, IMD Learning Managers etc-to ensure an IMD wide collaborative and holistic approach.
- Masters in Learning Sciences
- Certification in Instructional Design
- Certification in Learning Technology
- Proven ability in having delivered on this role’s key activities and accountabilities in educational contexts
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Additional desirable experience
- Building environments for learning and teaching, incorporating multimedia, artificial intelligence, computer networks and innovative curriculum and classroom activity structures.
- Foundation in the tools and theory of learning design, technology innovation, learning assessment and learning analytics
- Independent self-starter with initiative and drive to overcome obstacles and see projects through to a successful conclusion
- Excellent personal organization
- Ability to successfully manage a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure results
- Highly flexible to adapt to internal and external changes
- Capacity to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Capacity to manage upwards, across, downwards
- ‘No job too big or too small’ mentality
- Fluent written and oral English; knowledge of other languages (e.g. French) is an asset
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.