B2B Marketing Manager
The Job’s mission
Lead the development and execution of IMD’s B2B marketing strategy under the guidance of the Chief Marketing Officer and in close collaboration with key internal stakeholders, in particular those heading up the key B2B-focused departments and service lines.
- B2B marketing strategy definition and execution
- development of the language and visuals that articulate the overall value proposition of IMD products and services for our corporate clients, and diffusion of the same in various formats across B2B-focused departments, creating and streamlining processes to deliver greater efficiency
- content and strategic leadership of the B2B-focused parts of the IMD website and intranet.
- develop and execute IMD’s B2B marketing strategy under the guidance of the CMO and in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- develop, maintain, and adjust as needed the language and visuals that articulate the overall value proposition of IMD products and services for our corporate clients
- develop and implement the strategy for the B2B-focused parts of the IMD website and intranet
- create, develop and optimize processes to achieve strategic results and better efficiency
- regularely benchmark against peer business schools and leading executive development firms
- serve as the principal point-of-contact for B2B-focused departments when it comes to brand building, product/program promotion, and impact communications, including via ppt, video, social media, web content, etc.
- develop and maintain key materials, including an easily accessible IMD institutional deck to pitch “all of IMD” externally
- coordinate the diffusion of IMD B2B impact highlights via social media channels and earned, owned and paid media opportunities
- ability to quickly and accurately synthesize information and content and to deliver high quality insights and direction
- develop a strategy for, and coordinate, sponsorship opportunities and B2B-focused events across key markets, including IMD’s growing Southeast Asia operation
- plan and manage budgets in support of B2B marketing activities
- develop metrics to assess the impact of B2B marketing activities and report regularly to key internal stakeholders
- work closely with colleagues in Custom Program Development, NEXUS, Client and Market Development, Executive Development Services, Communications, IT, Alumni and others to achieve step-change performance for IMD in the B2B marketing space
- University degree (Master preferably) in business, marketing or equivalent
- Certification in areas of digital marketing (i.e., Google Analytics and AdWords) is a plus
- At least 7 years of experience in marketing and digital, including writing for the web (essential), with at least a part of that specifically in the area of B2B marketing; experience in higher education and/or professional service marketing strongly advantageous
- Native or near-native proficiency in English. French an asset
- Rich experience in Marketing Strategy and campaign execution
- Familiarity with the executive education and business school landscape
- Highly proficient in copywriting, editing and proofreading skills in English
- Creative, able to generate new ideas and opportunities, encouraging unconventional thinking
- Highly proficient in SEO/SEM/organic, earned, owned and paid media
- Project Management skills: Proven ability to simultaneously manage different projects end-to-end, in a matrix environment and involving several stakeholders
- Experience in global environment, ideally within the B2B sector
- Strong data-driven thinking with understanding of digital marketing metrics
- Able to use common digital marketing tools (Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Data Studio, Content management system, Salesforce marketing)
- Master the use of Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint and Excel including pivot tables; Tableau and Salesforce experience a plus
- "Hands on" approach and willingness to "get your hands dirty", can-do attitude
- Advanced stakeholder management skills, able to establish credibility, trust and positive relationships with stakeholders across departments
- Excellent teamwork and cooperation skills
- Ability to work at high speed and under tight deadlines
- Highly flexible, agile and adaptive to internal and external changes.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.