For Fay Li, the IMD MBA opened up new horizons
THE IMD MBA Career Methodology - Building Your Future
For IMD's MBAs, finding the right career is not just about attending our on-campus recruiting events. Our career services has developed a rigorous process to assess career opportunities as part of the broader vision of leveraging on both our size and our strengths relative to IMD: our executive alumni network and our global leadership development.
During the first part of the program, a unique career audit methodology provides a clear cut view on individual skill profiles and gaps and the potential for capturing value from transferable skills.
- Internal and external career counsellors
- Seminars on job search strategies, interviewing and negotiation
- Panels with international senior HR executives
- MBA mentoring program
The second half of the program allows you to individualize your curriculum in view of personal post-MBA ambitions and provides opportunities to showcase what you and your classmates are capable of in front of recruiters, alumni and executives around the world.
- Navigating the Future Conference (NTF) - watch the videos
- NTF global - 2016 destinations: London, Munich, Zurich, Singapore, Dubai, Tokyo, Shanghai, Monterrey, San Francisco
- Individual or group-based company engagement - read the blog, July
- Executive Briefings
- Career fairs and on-campus recruiting
- Off campus networking and alumni events
Statistics show that typically over 90% of the class successfully change their function, industry or geography, accepting diverse roles around the world, and more than a third of the class change all three elements.