The Foundation Stage develops your capabilities across business functions. It comprises two parts: first, Foundations for Business Leadership (FBL), a 20-day intensive program at IMD, and subsequently, a five-week distance learning module - Advanced Management Concepts.
Foundations for Business Leadership
You take your first step by joining Foundations for Business Leadership (FBL), a 20-day intensive program at IMD, offered 4 times a year.
- Strengthen your knowledge and understanding of key business functions
- Become aware of how value is created by integrating functions
- Master the application of these new and enhanced capabilities to complex business issues
- Gain a deeper understanding of strategy implementation challenges
Develop the cross-functional skills that leaders must possess:
- Business model innovation and entrepreneurship
- Marketing and operations
- Finance and accounting
- Strategy and industry analysis
Advanced Management Concepts
You continue to expand your knowledge during a 5-week distance learning module offered 3 times a year.
Advanced Management Concepts prepares you for the rigor and execution focus of the Mastery Stage:
- Deepen your knowledge of the different business functions
- Master business concepts to perform successfully on the Mastery Stage
- Experiment with your ability to manage your time via distance learning
Themes covered include strategy, finance, marketing and decision analysis.
Successful completion of the final exams is a requirement for entry into the Mastery Stage of the IMD Executive MBA program.
See the EMBA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more details regarding the Foundation Stage.