World Competitiveness Ranking
Every year, the IMD World Competitiveness Center publishes its ranking of the competitiveness of countries. In the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2017, the results for 63 countries are included.
Visit our eShop to find the product or package that best meets your needs.
The IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook is the leading annual report on the competitiveness of nations and has been published by IMD since 1989. It benchmarks the performance of 63 countries based on more than 340 criteria measuring different facets of competitiveness.
There are three main sections in the World Competitiveness Yearbook:
The famous "World Competitiveness Ranking" is complemented by several customized rankings. For example, rankings split by population size, by wealth or by region (Europe-Middle East-Africa, Asia-Pacific, and the Americas). In addition, the five-year evolution of overall and factor rankings is available.
For each of the 63 countries, we have conducted an in-depth analysis showing overall performance, challenges, the competitiveness landscape, greatest improvements and biggest declines, strengths and weaknesses, and evolution.
We have created criteria rankings of the 63 countries (over 340 tables) to enable easy country comparisons.
Texts on competitiveness analysis, methodology, FAQs, a list of all the information providers and detailed notes and sources are also provided.
World Competitiveness Online is a unique and comprehensive database on the competitiveness of nations. It includes over 20-year time series from the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook, the leading annual report published by IMD since 1989.
Statistics are updated as soon as new information becomes available. This is ideal if you wish to work with the data.
Subscribers can access World Competitiveness Online here.
Software based on the latest technology provides a powerful and unique user experience.
World Competitiveness Package
For optimal use of our data, the IMD World Competitiveness Center offers a package including:
- The IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2017
- A PDF version on CD
- 12 months access to the constantly updated World Competitiveness Online database for one location - UNLIMITED LICENSE
For each country, we provide competitiveness trends, country evolution, strengths and weaknesses as well as all statistical data, including more than 340 criteria (values).
20 pages in PDF format.
- Data are broken down according to four main factors:
- Economic performance (83 criteria): Macroeconomic evaluation of the domestic economy
- Government efficiency (73 criteria): Extent to which government policies are conducive to competitiveness
- Business efficiency (71 criteria): Extent to which the national environment encourages enterprises to perform in an innovative, profitable and responsible manner
- Infrastructure (115 criteria): Extent to which basic, technological, scientific and human resources meet the needs of business
~ 50 pages in PDF format.