- You identify a business transformation challenge/ opportunity to work on during the program with support from IMD.
- You get familiar with the latest digital technologies through a designated platform.
You will explore business opportunities in 3 areas:
Design new products, services and solutions
Are you dealing with stagnating sales or even serious disruptions in your market? Perhaps you’ve succeeded in partially streamlining your cost structure. In this session, you will be challenged to design a new customer offering (product, service or solution) that can bring new sources of growth for your business and imagine ways to test your assumptions in the market.
Deliver new user experiences
Technology provides us with amazing new capabilities, but ultimately, the implementation of a new technology depends upon an audience wanting to buy it, use it and be wowed. In this session, you’ll learn about users to better understand their “pain points”, the benefits they’re seeking and the value they’re willing to allocate.
Develop operational efficiencies
Are you under relentless pressure to make operations more efficient, reduce costs or improve internal services? Technology can improve an organization’s competitiveness by offering people powerful tools to access the right information at the right time, in turn, to facilitate their decision-making.
Explore exponentially improving technologies
Get the latest from EPFL and other technology experts on:
IoT - watch how to create opportunities with IoT
In this session, you’ll cover the three main themes that enable the IoT to be deployed in any business.
Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence - watch how to create opportunities with A.I
In this session, fast-forward to the near future, discuss the next wave of Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems and anticipate their impact on data-enabled corporations.
Robotics - watch how to harness the power of robots
During this session, you will take a journey into the workplace of tomorrow and discover intelligent applications for robots.
Develop your technology-enabled business case
Create and refine your pretototype through experiential learning:
- Get first-hand exposure to new technologies with a visit to EPFL labs
- Develop a pretototype with feedback from business, innovation and technology experts. Come as a team to develop a pretotoype for your specific business opportunity.
By the end of the program, you will be ready to test your technology-enabled business case within your organization.
Continue technology prototyping for your business transformation initiative and get feedback.
0 - Virtual kick-off (Friday, Sept. 10)
|High-performance innovative teams - Alyson Meister (IMD)& your coach|
1 - Get Started
(Monday, Sept. 13)
- Program intro - Cyril Bouquet (IMD), Marc Gruber and Pierre Vandergheynst (EPFL)
- Demystifying AI - Pierre Vandergheynst (EPFL)
- Connect with your team: The AI opportunity - Pierre Vandergheynst (EPFL) & Cyril Bouquet (IMD)
- Create Value with Tech: Think like a designer - Cyril Bouquet (IMD)
- Connect with your team: Clarify the problem to be solved - Cyril Bouquet (IMD)
|2 - Discover the next-frontier technologies|
(Tuesday, Sept. 14 - Wednesday, Sept. 15)
- Robotics - Auke Ijspeert (EPFL)
- Internet of Things - David Atienza (EPFL)
- Capture learnings - Cyril Bouqet (IMD)
- Connect with your team: Map company opportunities - Cyril Bouquet (IMD)
- Lab visits (EPFL)
- Robots on trial - Oyku Isik (IMD),
Leila Delarive (The Empowerment Foundation)
- Frontiers of computing - Pierre Vandergheynst (EPFL)
- Distributed machine learning systems - Anne
Marie Kermarrec (EPFL)
- Discuss company opportunities - Cyril Bouquet
- Where to play (part I) Navigate new business opportunities - Marc Gruber (EPFL)
- Where to play (part II) Workshop focused on your own companies - Marc Gruber (EPFL)
- Montreux Jazz Café (EPFL)
|3 - Bring new value to your business and to society|
(Thursday, Sept. 16 - Friday, Sept. 17)
- What's in your radar? - Cyril Bouqet (IMD)
- What the tech! - Cyril Bouqet (IMD)
- Map company opportunities - Cyril Bouqet (IMD)
- Transforming opportunities into winning solutions - Cyril Bouqet (IMD)
- Building an invincible company - Yves Pigneur
- The Dark side of AI - Pierre Vandergheynst (EPFL)
- Develop your action plan - Cyril Bouquet (IMD)
- Share your action plan - Cyril Bouquet (IMD) & Marc Gruber (EPFL)
- Digital Competitiveness - Implications for Companies - Arturo Bris (IMD)
- Graduation Ceremony - Cyril Bouquet (IMD), Marc Gruber & Pierre Vandergheynst (EPFL)
|4 - Virtual Follow-up (Friday, Sept. 17)||2 hours - To be set with your coach - Monitor progress|