(over 2 weeks)
- Gain clarity on what impacts your organization so it can survive change
- Learn from extensive research into businesses that have retained their competitive edge
- Work on your own business challenge and develop a strategy and action plan
The IMD Strategic Resilience program
In the face of unpredictable change or disruption, how are you enabling your team, business unit or organization to withstand, adapt and emerge stronger? Dive deeper into strategies and best practices implemented by businesses that have successfully built resilience amid disruption, and focus on possibilities for your organization.
Analyze your company’s strengths, as well as current internal and external trends, so you can identify new opportunities for growth.
Leverage ubiquitous connectivity and technology, including AI and smart machines, to gain a competitive edge and rethink your business model.
Develop a business plan for growth and invite your key team members to a specific program session so you can explore together how to apply learnings to your business unit or organization.
Emerge stronger from disruption
Is this program for you?
You will benefit from our Strategic Resilience program if:
- You are a business leader or senior executive seeking applicable knowledge and guidance on leading change in adverse contexts and ensuring the business continuity of your organization
- You need a deeper understanding of opportunities that technology and disruption bring so your business can fully benefit from them
- You are grappling with challenges such as remaining competitive in a fast-changing industry, identifying opportunities for innovation, revising your product portfolio, and rethinking of your business model
The Strategic Resilience program is organized in 5 half-days spread over two weeks. Each day includes a 4-hour liVe virtual class with Professor Howard Yu, supplemented by self-paced learning via videos, reading materials, and synchronous group and pair discussions.
Understand your organization’s fundamental knowledge and unique strengths, and how you can play on them to ensure a competitive advantage.
Identify strategic initiatives that build on your company's established know-how and expertise, and represent a foundational shift of its knowledge discipline.
Discover opportunities to leverage technology and connectivity through AI and smart machines that can become quick wins for your business.
Explore how to manage trade-offs between near-term financial delivery and long-term strategic viability. Apply your learning in a simulation where resource allocation would determine an organization’s long-term viability.
Develop a growth strategy for your organization or business unit and an action plan for implementation.
Learn from IMD expert faculty
The Strategic Resilience program is designed and led by IMD's Professor Howard Yu.
Howard Yu is the LEGO® Professor of Management and Innovation at IMD.
He is the author of the award-winning book LEAP: How to Thrive in a World Where Everything Can Be Copied.
In 2015, Professor Yu was…