This is a team-to-team interaction negotiation between Jean Bernard, a national account manager in the Hygiene division of Clarabec France and Maurice Charles, the national buyer at Big Mall. They have to renegotiate the annual contract, that includes seven key issues: quantity discounts, terms of payment, promotional discounts, cooperative advertising, shelf space, new product acceptance and end-of-isle display.
- Explore the difference between interests, options and positions.
- Experience positional bargaining and its risks.
- Think of negotiating a deal as a package rather than list of independent issues/points.
- Learn to prepare and prioritize interest.
- Think of creating options.
- Experience the difference between power in negotiation versus negotiation power.