Research from the best corporate leadership development programs confirms that long-term success in business comes to the leader who is engaged with the heart as well as the head. Business executives must all possess rational intelligence and emotional intelligence.
Despite this knowledge and definition, questions still remain.
By reading this article, these questions will be addressed in detail. You will learn more how to deal with corporate leadership development programs efficiently and effectively.
1. It will teach you how to hire & develop the right people
2. It will show you how to effectively communicate with key employees
3. A leadership development program will help you develop your strategic thinking skills
4. It will help you understand & develop your executive presence
5. It will help you develop personal improvement plans for key employees
6. It will teach you how to set up job rotation programs for key employees
7. It will allow you to challenge the key employees to perform well
8. It can help you deal with future business challenges
9. Corporate training programs help executives achieve better talent management
10. A leadership program updates the leadership competencies of business executives
11. A corporate training program helps create unity within the business organization
12. It will increase your knowledge & awareness to business situations and economic conditions
13. Corporate leadership development programs will help you review business fundamentals
One example of "whole" leadership success is the award-winning French chef, Anne-Sophie Pic. Michelin-star Pic was used as a case study during a recent leadership training course at one of the top European business schools.
Pic, born in 1960, comes from a family of French chefs. She originally chose to eschew the family business and work in management. When her father died, she came back to manage the restaurant, but it started to lose its ranking. It was then that she learned the crucial message taught by best corporate leadership development programs. It's not just about management: to be successful you need to lead with your heart and your head.
Pic recognized that a restaurant is all about giving the customer an unforgettable culinary experience. She literally rolled up her sleeves and went back into the kitchen. She discovered her passion for cooking with no previous training. It was a personal leadership training program that worked: Pic led the restaurant back to glory. Customers returned. The ratings went up to three Michelin stars.
Like all great leaders, Pic has a bigger vision. She wants to "spread the word." Her leadership challenge is to communicate the same exquisite culinary experience to a bigger international audience. So far she is successful. Pic now heads a Michelin two-star restaurant in Switzerland, at the five-star Beau Rivage Palace hotel in Lausanne. There are further plans for international growth.
Her example resonates with the teachings of the best leadership development programs. She has used her heart to build trust between herself and her customers. She has used her head to set strategy and give new direction to the family business. She has set high personal standards and provided employees with a valuable place to come to work.
Five minutes’ walk from Pic's restaurant in Lausanne, is IMD, one of the top business schools in the world for executive education. Here students learn to become "whole leaders," to develop leadership skills and drive their companies into the future. When they want inspiration, they have only to stroll over to Pic's exquisite restaurant. They see that it reflects all the values taught at the best leadership development programs.
Discover how the IMD Program for Executive Development can help you with this critical career move.