IMD experts star in 2020 bestselling case lists
Strong demand for IMD research expertise as The Case Centre reveals its top selling cases in 2020.
The Case Centre has named several IMD faculty and business experts in its 2020 bestselling and classic cases lists, underlining the Institute’s global reputation for excellence in research.
Five current IMD experts and two former faculty members feature in the annual charts, which give details of the top 15 most popular cases across ten subject categories, from economics and strategy to marketing and ethics. This year’s lists cover the work of nearly 350 authors from 40 institutions worldwide.
The most in-demand cases in 2020 include research by Professor Emeritus of Marketing and Global Strategy Kamran Kashani, Professor of Marketing and Service Management and Dean of the Executive MBA program Stefan Michel, Professor of Marketing and Strategy Fréderic Dalsace, Adjunct Professor of Leadership and Sustainability Francisco Szekely, Associate Director of the Business Transformation Initiative Ivy Buche, and former IMD professors Charles Dhanaraj and Sandra Wandermerwe.
Three of Kamran Kashani’s cases were cited as classics, as were cases by Carlos Cordon, Professor of Strategy and Supply Chain Management, and Ralf Seifert, Professor of Operations, and one by Peter Killing, Professor Emeritus of Strategy.
The best-selling cases published by IMD, including details of IMD-related authors, are:
Economics, politics and business environment
- Cisco India (A): Innovation in Emerging Markets (Ivy Buche/Charles Dhanaraj)
Ethics and social responsibility
- Patagonia's Sustainability Strategy: Don't Buy Our Products(Francisco Szekely)
- Value Selling at SKF Service (A): Tough Buyer Confronts Strategy (Kamran Kashani)
- Colgate-Palmolive: Cleopatra (Sandra Wandermerwe)
Strategy and general management
- Will 'Linkedin Learning' Disrupt the Education Landscape? (Stefan Michel)
Before joining IMD, Dalsace co-authored the case study, Michelin Fleet Solutions: From Selling Tires to Selling Kilometers, which also featured in the 2020 bestsellers under the marketing category.
The classic cases published by IMD are:
- Innovation and Renovation: The Nespresso Story (Kamran Kashani/Joyce Miller)
- Value Selling at SKF Service (A): Tough Buyer Confronts Strategy (Kamran Kashani/Aimee DuBrule)
- Xiameter: The Past and Future of a “Disruptive Innovation” (Kamran Kashani/Inna Francis)
- Lego: Consolidating Distribution (A) (Carlos Cordon/Ralf W. Seifert/Edwin Wellian)
Strategy and General Management
- Nestle’s Globe Program (A): The Early Months (Peter J. Killing)
IMD cases can be ordered at the Case Centre, which is a distributor of the institute's full collection of over 1,500 cases of over 1,500 cases. IMD’s faculty has developed case studies for over 50 years. Renowned for their international focus, IMD’s cases have proven to be a timeless tool for developing the leadership capabilities of executives and students, irrespective of where they are on their career path.