- Campus Life
You might already know that the MBA degree is an important part of your career growth and development. It can enhance your leadership skills and other technical competencies to successfully land a managerial role in your company.
But do you know:
We will explore these one by one in this article as we answer these questions thoroughly. You will then learn what a 1 year MBA program has to offer and know how to best choose an MBA school.
While there are lots of considerations when choosing a business school for an MBA program, there are 15 criteria that really stand out.
1. Consider the cost & location of the business school.
2. Consider the quality of the teaching staff & faculty.
3. Look for International MBA Accreditations associated with the school.
4. Choose an MBA school that has been established for more than 10 years.
5. Check the business school’s ranking.
6. Check the admission requirements of the MBA program.
7. A case study learning format must be available in a 1 year MBA program.
8. Choose an MBA school that has a flexible schedule.
9. MBA Courses must be taught in English.
10. Opt for smaller class sizes when choosing a 1 year MBA program.
11. Consider course program formats, styles & teaching methodologies.
12. Consider availability of student financial aid in an MBA program.
13. Decide what MBA specialization you will pursue.
14. Measure quality of student life in the campus offering a one year MBA program.
15. Choose an MBA school full of career & employment opportunities.
At the core of the 1 year MBA program of IMD is a focus on three themes:
1. Real World, Real Learning
This is all about the real world of business and learning you can apply to your organization rather than abstract theories. You will be faced with real world business situations and case studies regarding the current business environment.
2. Leadership development
This involves working with groups and personal interaction as you experiment working outside your comfort zone to hone your managerial skills.
3. Intensive Learning
This involves high-impact education that will sharpen your abilities and prepare you to confront the forces that will shape your company’s future.
Here are some of the noteworthy achievements of IMD in delivering the best MBA programs.
1. IMD is internationally diverse.
IMD’s faculty includes experts from internationally diverse backgrounds who are tapped into the increasingly complex and interconnected globalized business world. Students in the MBA program are equally diverse: each year they boast around 50 different nationalities.
2. IMD has won prestigious awards and international recognitions.
The IMD MBA program is provided by one of the top business schools in the world. The program is highly regarded by independent, unbiased authorities. Forbes, for example, ranked IMD’s 1 year MBA as top worldwide in 2011. In the same year, The Economist judged it the best such program in the world outside the US. With these kinds of endorsements, you know you’re getting real value with this 1 year MBA program.
3. IMD is focused on self-awareness and self-development.
The hallmark of IMD’s executive education is its focus on self-awareness and self-development. The 1 year MBA program is no different. You work with teams intensively, benefiting from coaching and lessons about leading yourself and others.
IMD also offers an Executive MBA for more experienced managers who want to pursue their management training without leaving their job. IMD’s Executive MBA can still be completed in as little as 15 months with minimal time off the job.
This rigorous, action-oriented Executive MBA program focuses on leadership, business fundamentals, globalization, strategy and execution. You will master business concepts, sharpen your leadership skills, bring immediate benefits to your organization through company-specific assignments and gain invaluable insights into globalization.
IMD’s Executive MBA involves trips to India, China and Silicon Valley, where you will gain first-hand knowledge about how leading-edge, innovative companies operate in the global marketplace.
The Executive MBA program also has a flexible design. Maximized distance learning allows you to remain with your company throughout, with just 10.5 weeks away from the office.
See how the IMD MBA prepares you for the next stage of your career. Download the (NEW) program brochure now.
IMD complies with applicable laws and regulations, including with respect to international sanctions that may be imposed on individuals and countries. This policy applies to all applications for IMD programs from individuals or organizations, and any commercial or non-commercial partnerships.