The IMD MBA BackPack-Excellence for Women will be managed and administered by the IMD Scholarship Foundation, established in accordance with Articles 80 of the Swiss Civil Code, with a registered office in Lausanne. The scholarship will be paid directly to IMD to cover the fees.
Supporting women leaders of the future
Through the BackPack-Excellence Scholarship for Women, the Swiss foundation intends to help women to obtain the leadership skills they need to advance in business or public life and fulfil their leadership ambitions.
The scholarship aims to provide a transformational experience to talented and driven women who have been forced to flee conflict, natural disaster or persecution at some point in their lives, and may have believed that an MBA program was out of reach.
Candidates should apply for the BackPack-Excellence Women Scholarship in parallel to their IMD MBA application.
Scholarship application details
- Deadline to apply: 1 September, 2022
- Scholarship amount: CHF 133,500 to cover the full tuition fees and living expenses of the IMD MBA program
- Criteria: Priority will be given to female candidates who have experienced the hardship of being forced to leave their homeland due to conflict or natural disaster, or because they were persecuted for their beliefs.
- Provide a 500-word essay on the title: Tell us, how, as a displaced woman, an MBA at IMD will be transformative for you and indirectly for other women.
- Submit the IMD MBA Financial Aid Form and supporting documents
- Recipient confirmed by 26 October
BackPack Foundation Board Statement
“The successful applicant should be committed to pursuing a meaningful career in leadership, and upon graduation will be expected to draw upon her skills to catalyze positive change,” said the Board’s statement.
“Beyond contributing to the fulfilment of one purposeful leadership career at a time, Backpack’s aspires to attract women who can become pivotal leaders in their field, acting as role models for others to advance in business or in public life."
Please contact [email protected] to find out more information about the scholarship.