The Job’s mission
Do you thrive on finding innovative and original ways to deliver film content? Are you passionate about seeing a project from start to finish, and having fun whilst doing so? Do you have a positive, can-do attitude, and want to contribute to a growing team?
We’re looking for a Shooting Producer who is keen to learn and get involved in the end-to-end production process from pre-production, shoot, edit and final delivery.
This is a great opportunity to learn from some of the best producers in the industry!
We are seeking a Shooting Producer to join our Multimedia Team. Reporting to the Shooting Producer Lead, he/she is responsible for ensuring a smooth production process and the successful delivery of all films in the department.
This is an exciting and varied role that requires a pro-active and capable individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and can remain calm under pressure.
All-rounders are key! Our producers can use After Effects and our camera ops can edit. This gives us the ability to move at pace and turn around multiple projects quickly, efficiently and to a high spec.
Our teams rely on individuals who can work closely with their stakeholders and one another to create high quality content.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Be able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to stakeholders and other team members.
- Work with the Creative Director and the Shooting Producer Lead in understanding creative briefs and assist in the production (filming) and post-production (edit) of the content to execute this creative vision and ensure the timely delivery of the project, against the aforementioned brief.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to help allocate resources, scout filming locations and communicate with facilities management, to help ensure the seamless running of film shoots.
- Assist with lighting, camera set-up, prompter running, camera operating and additional on-set duties as needed to ensure a high-production-value execution of all filmings.
- Conduct vox pop interviews with faculty members, participants or other stakeholders whilst covering events, and live programs on campus.
- Be able to edit short to medium-length videos with short turnaround deadlines
- Assist with basic motion graphics design as needed to support the team
- Regularly communicate progress and status of all work throughout the team and report back to management.
- Minimum of five years' relevant media experience in film production, agency work, or broadcast journalism environment.
- 1-2 experience as a Junior Shooting Producer
- Experience with branded content, corporate filmmaking, covering news.
- A good understanding of production workflows from conception to delivery, ideally with animation as well as live action.
- Experience with Studio filming, ENG shoots, Multicam interview set ups and event coverage.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Good working knowledge with data transfer and management software tools
- Proven track record in producing with senior executives.
- Languages (French, German)
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
- A detail - oriented and focused approach with experience working on challenging projects with tight deadlines.
- A good eye for composition, and safeguarding the image of any contributors featured in our films
- A strong penchant for storytelling and an ability to understand and communicate key messaging through interviews and scripts.
- Ability to take both a detailed and holistic view of the workflow and output, continually looking for better, more efficient ways to work.
- Ability to stay cool under pressure and manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- A passion for making creative, engaging and inspiring work.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
Please send us your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) with a link to your showreel/work to [email protected]
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.