Senior Financial Controlling Manager (100%)
The Job’s mission
This primary purpose of the role is to give support, accurate information and analysis for decision making to the CFAO, as well as the Executive Committee of the Institution.
The Senior Financial Controlling Manager is expected to provide excellent performance management support, ensuring that Financial Risks are assessed and remediated by Controls in place, to ensure effectiveness and efficiency for the School.
She/he coordinates and takes leadership for Budgeting and Reforecast process, as well as building for mid and long-term financial strategy. Ensures that key strategic Financial decisions are identified, monitored and measured throughout the Institution for the future success of the School founded by business leaders, for business leaders.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Manage the controlling team, report to the CFAO
- Coordinate the preparation of financial reporting and presentations for Executive Committee, Audit Committee and Supervisory Board
- Plan, communicate and coordinate Budget (annual) and Reforecasting processes (Last Estimate, quarterly)
- Identify and periodically measure quantitative KPIs for performance and cost management, per department, in line with key strategic and financial objectives
- Provide monthly P&L and Balance Sheet updates to internal stakeholders (vs BU, vs LE)
- Build and communicate meaningful, adequate and understandable reporting for key stakeholders (President, CFAO, Executive Committee)
- Provide fact based strategic decision-making support to CFAO, Executive Committee and Senior Management
- Measure effectiveness of strategic projects, investment decisions (ROI)
- Work in collaboration with IT team to develop End to End System & Process Review, in order to enhance existing ERP
- Build and develop Internal Control System (ICS)
- Take ownership for ICS coordination, communication and implementation in the Institution
- Support of international operations - understanding international tax issues / transfer pricing
- Master level (Finance, HEC, International Business School, etc)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in finance with management role
- Preferably with experience working in a corporate service organisation, with significant experience of working with sales and business management
- Business analysis and management accounting background
- Strong experience in Budgeting and Forecasting (P&L, B/S, FTE)
- Strong knowledge in reporting format and tools
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Swiss GAAP
- Strong knowledge in Internal Control Systems
- Good understanding of international tax issues and transfer pricing
- Strong understanding of managing efficiency and productivity of investments (costs, CAPEX, resources)
- Strong knowledge of financial, analytical and business intelligence systems
- Fluent written and spoken English. Conversational French.
- Independent, structured, fact-based approach with excellent inter-personal and empathy skills
- Leads by example, including demonstrating high performance and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to motivate, embarque teams for specific projects, as well as operational excellence in daily operations
- Very good listener and synthesiser of information
- Ability to quickly estimate opportunities, risks and translate it in implications for decision making
- Highly adaptable to different styles of leadership and able to deal with varied colleagues from Board members to key daily business stakeholders
- Open to challenge and discussion, willing to close debates and ensure decisions are taken and put into effect and perspectives for the Institution
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.