Senior Financial Accounting Manager
The Job’s mission
This primary purpose of the role is to ensure quality, timely and completness of quarterly and Year-end closings, in line with swiss Gaaps.
The Senior Financial Accounting Manager is expected to provide accurate financial statements, in line wtih swiss Gaaps, to ensure consistency and efficiency for the School.
She/he coordinates and takes leadership for Year-end closing, as well as coordinating the relationship with external auditors.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Manage, train and motivate the Accounting team, report to the CFAO
- Coordinate and monitor the financial closing for the Institution
- Participating in the preparation of financial reports and related controls
- Establishing taxes and VAT review
- Coordinating annual external audit in collaboration with external auditors
- Managing treasury and investment portfolio, together with the banking institutions
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures, financial legislation and legal accounting standards
- Supporting remotely the accounting management for IMD Singapore Branch
- Contributing to the accounts consolidation of IMD entities in Lausanne and Singapore
- Provide monthly P&L and Balance Sheet updates to Controlling team & CFAO
- Work in collaboration with IT team to develop End to End System & Process Review, in order to enhance existing ERP
- Minimum Bachelor degree. Master level preferred
- Certified Accountant
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in finance with management role
- Preferably with experience working in a corporate organisation, with significant experience of working with sales and business management
- Strong knowledge of Swiss GAAP FER, Swiss Labor, and VAT law
- Proven strong experience working with an ERP
- Strong understanding of tax and related issues (transfer pricing, customs, etc.)
- Process improvement experience is strong advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written French and English language
- Solution and task oriented hands-on personality who is eager to drive improvement
- Demonstrates rigorous, timely and precise approach in managing accounting data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership competencies
- Experience in building strong working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the Institution
- Independent, structured, fact-based approach with excellent inter-personal and empathy skills
- Leads by example, including demonstrating high performance and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to motivate, embarque teams for specific projects, as well as operational excellence in daily operations
- Very good listener and synthesiser of information
- Ability to quickly estimate opportunities, risks and translate it in implications for decision making
- Highly adaptable to different styles of leadership and able to deal with varied colleagues from Board members to key daily business stakeholders
- Open to challenge and discussion, willing to close debates and ensure decisions are taken and put into effect and perspectives for the Institution
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.