Senior Finance Analyst - FP&A (part time 50-60%)
The Job’s mission
Within the Finance & Accounting department, the mission of the newly created Financial Information and Business Support (Controlling) team is to provide our top management with detailed financial analysis, excellent business insight, business performance reporting & scenario planning to support sound decision making and help reaching the institution’s objectives.
We aim at establishing a sustainable and efficient business partnership, with client departments across IMD to gather and provide qualitative financial information. The target is also to implement and develop best FP&A practices and supporting tools at IMD.
The Senior Finance Analyst is a key role in this organisation, acting as a trusted Advisor and Business Partner with key Departments at IMD. He/she will be the point of contact for all strategic and tactical financial planning activities, will interact with all levels of the institution and gain a deep understanding of our Business.
This role is pivotal in supporting all management for decision-making purpose.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Be an ambassador with a Business Partner attitude through initiatives. Ensure quality of partnership and financial data for all commercial departments of the institution (Sales, Marketing, Programs and Innovation as a particular focus)
- Support and develop modelling for decision support in all facets of the business
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and publish timely monthly reportings with variance analysis, commentary and projections; report/ analyse major discrepancies, interacting with all involved parties.
- Assist in operational timetabling of financial forecast and budget process.
- Perform analysis and prepare the full Financial Planning process and provide tactical elements to the Senior Management team to reach company's targets
- Prepare financial forecasts; analyse and report variances
- Work with Management to prepare business cases and ad-hoc projects (On Demand)
- Be part of ad-hoc project teams as a Finance representative and provide analysis on Risks & Opportunities
- Work in a solution-driven mode to improve the overall finance awareness and increase efficiency
- Support improvement of analytical finance and data quality; pro-actively enhance the reporting processes and tools. Drive implementation of the new controlling tools, especially the budgeting Tool.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience within Finance and Controlling, thereof significant previous experience in Commercial Controlling/FP&A, working with Sales and Marketing Teams on revenue projections and all revenue-related cost topics of the P&L.
- Experience with financial systems, budgeting and consolidation tools. Systems project implementation or coordination/administration role a plus. Experience with SalesForce/FinancialForce and BIRST a plus.
- Data modelling and programming skills desirable (big data systems, Python etc)
- Strong background in financial reporting and planning.
- Good command of accounting principles, especially Swiss Gaap and balance Sheet topics required. Ability to work with Accounting Department and establish efficient partnership.
- Ability to be a change agent for driving new methods of analysis, and enhancing financial knowledge across the organisation.
- Experience in Education or Consulting a plus.
- Ability to manage complexity and deliver high quality results under time constraints
- Able to adapt to a fast pace and changing working environment.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Results driven, pro-active with a can-do hands-on mentality, takes initiatives.
- Excellent communication and Diplomacy skills (Internally and externally), including communicating numbers and data to non-financial people.
- Good team player with ability to function well independently when appropriate
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills in general. Other Financial and Budgeting Systems strongly desired
- Fluent in English and French (minimum C1)
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.