To reinforce our team, we are looking for a
Researcher and Writer (100%)
Why we are recruiting
The Global Center for Digital Business Transformation ("DBT Center") is an IMD and Cisco initiative which brings together innovation and learning to create disruptive business models for the digital era. The DBT Center is a global research hub at the forefront of digital business transformation, where executives engage to solve challenges created by massive market transitions. The DBT Center seeks out diverse viewpoints from a wide range of organizations — incumbents, and disruptors — to bring new ideas, best practices, and disruptive thinking into the process. The collaboration combines Cisco’s leadership in the networked connection of people, process, data, and things — with IMD’s expertise in applied research and developing global leaders, focusing on the organizational change required for digital transformation.
The primary responsibility of the position is to conduct qualitative empirical research on the topic of digital business transformation. A large part of the role will involve interviewing managers and executives about their digital business transformation journeys and derive relevant and actionable managerial insights from these interactions. This will involve analyzing the interviews, combining qualitative and quantitative information, and writing up the results.
A secondary but still very important responsibility is to translate the research insights into output of various forms adapted to a variety of media platforms, for example short articles, reports, interactive guides, videos, podcasts etc.
Occasionally, the Researcher and Writer might be asked to present to media and groups of executives.
The Researcher and Writer will work alongside the DBT Center Director, other DBT Center team members, and Cisco researchers. He/she will be involved in multiple concurrent projects.
Formula for success
- Business experience (5+ years) in a role requiring analytical, writing and conceptual skills
- Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent, additional language an asset
- Excellent writing, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- At ease conducting interviews with senior executives
- Experience writing for executive audiences and/or experience in business journalism
- Strong research skills (data gathering, interviewing, hypothesis building, analysis, use of online sources such as ProQuest, Factiva, etc.)
- Managerial experience, experience in management consulting, international exposure are assets
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Very strong organizational skills – multiple projects will be running concurrently
- Video script writing and editing skills are an advantage
- Available for some international travel as required
How to apply
If you have the above skills and case writing experience and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to email@example.com