Research Fellow (100%) - IMD Global Board Center
The Job’s mission
The main focus of the position will be to publish high quality academic research in top management journals (e.g., FT 50). More specifically, the Research Fellow will be responsible for the writing of academic papers, and for ensuring the successful completion of the publication process. The Research Fellow will interact with the Board Center’s Director, and the Board Center team in implementing the Center’s research strategy and objectives. The Research Fellow will execute all research projects in coordination with other senior researchers associated with the Center.
In addition, his or her tasks may optionally include the writing of practitioners articles, case studies, literature reviews, the development of research methodologies, the building of relevant surveys, the processing and analysis of data, and the write-up of reports. Non-academic tasks will be secondary to the primary goal of publishing high quality academic research.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Produce high quality academic research in top management journals (e.g., FT 50)
- Work collaboratively with other researchers within the Global Board Center, and with external research providers and/or partners
- Analyse and draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data in a structured manner
- Conduct and write up interviews with board members and senior executives for research purpose if so considered
- As applicable, present research at academic conferences
- PhD degree in Management, Strategy, Finance or a related discipline, ideally focusing on corporate governance (or related) topics
- Record of publishing in high quality peer reviewed academic journals, especially FT 50 journals
- Expertise in quantitative empirical research methods, including Big Data analysis and/or econometrics
- Expertise using statistical packages, such as Stata, SAS, R, or equivalent. Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python) is a plus
- Excellent English writing skills and experience writing for academic audiences
- Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent. Other languages are a plus
- Keen and demonstrable interest in corporate governance or other closely associated subjects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills (multiple projects will be running concurrently)
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Deadline and results oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible (heavy workload during peak periods and some travel required)
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected]
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.