Research Fellow (100%) – Debiopharm Chair for Family Philanthropy
The Job’s mission
The Research Fellow will work as part of the newly formed Debiopharm Chair for Family Philanthropy. In particular, the chair focuses on developing an internationally-recognized center of excellence in research, education and outreach in order to help families engage in or strengthen and professionalize their philanthropic activities.
The Research Fellow will be involved in most research projects of the Chair and help develop a novel and relevant research agenda for the following years, including study design, creation of research methodologies, survey development, processing and analysis of data as well as the writing of academic- and practitioner-oriented articles, reports, case studies and literature reviews, and for ensuring the successful completion of the publication process.
The Research Fellow will therefore be a key contributor of the Chair’s overall success and impact.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Design research projects and collect data.
- Analyse and draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data in a structured manner.
- Conduct and write up interviews with families, philanthropists and executives of foundations.
- Produce academic and practitioner-oriented articles, reports, case studies and other forms of output.
- Work collaboratively with other researchers within the Chair, and from external research providers and/or partners.
- PhD degree in Philanthropic Studies, Management, Social Entrepreneurship or a related discipline incorporating elements of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Record of publishing in peer reviewed journals.
- Keen and demonstrable interest in family philanthropy, family business and social entrepreneurship or other closely associated subjects.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Knowledge of statistics packages (preferentially STATA).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Deadline and results oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent. Other languages – in particular French – are a plus.
- Experience writing for executive audiences
IMD is a top-ranked business school based on the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are the experts in developing leaders and transforming organisations through high-impact executive education. IMD’s unique environment enables the recruitment of the best people to meet its objectives.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our challenging environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to email@example.com