Research Fellow in Sustainability
The Job’s mission
The Research Fellow will be involved in many research projects within the IMD sustainability initiative, especially working closely with the Lundin Sustainability Chair. The Research Fellow will help develop and conduct a novel and relevant research agenda for the coming years, including study design, creation of research methodologies, survey development, processing and analysis of data as well as the writing of academic- and practitioner-oriented articles, reports, case studies and literature reviews, and ensure the successful completion of the publication process. The Research Fellow will also support the integration/transfer of research insights into IMD programs, engagement platforms and events.
The Research Fellow will therefore be a key contributor to the overall success and impact of the IMD sustainability initiative.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Design research projects and collect data. Several ongoing projects require large amounts of data collection, including on sustainability start-ups, sustainability best practices, new technologies and also on critical sustainability events timeline.
- Analyse and draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data in a structured manner. The work will range from case studies to large scale data studies.
- Conduct and write up interviews with sustainability leaders, policymakers, regulators, innovators, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Produce academic and practitioner-oriented articles, reports, case studies, and other forms of output.
- Work collaboratively with other researchers within the Chair, and external research providers and/or partners.
- Ph.D. degree in sustainability, innovation, management, economics or a related discipline incorporating elements of qualitative and quantitative research.
Experience & Competencies
- Record of publishing in peer reviewed journals (FT50 journals are a plus)
- Keen and demonstrable interest in sustainability and ESG
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Knowledge of statistics packages (preferentially STATA).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Deadline and results oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent. Other languages – in particular French – are a plus.
- Experience writing for executive audiences
Research Fellow in Sustainability at IMD
CHF 85,000 – 105,000 gross per annum, depending on experience
Full Time (40 hours)
3 Years, Fixed-Term with possibilities of extension
18th March 2021
8th April 2021
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to join our exciting and challenging environment, please send your complete application file including letter of motivation, CV in English, copies of your diplomas and the names of two or three referees to [email protected] by 8th April 2021 the latest. The review of applications will begin immediately.