Research Fellow - DBT Center
About the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation
The Global Center for Digital Business Transformation (“DBT Center”) is a global research hub at the forefront of digital business transformation, where executives engage to solve challenges created by massive market transitions. The DBT Center seeks out diverse viewpoints from a wide range of organizations — incumbents, and disruptors — to bring new ideas, best practices, and disruptive thinking into organizations. It seeks to help managers and executives understand the dynamics of digital disruption and respond effectively to them through digital transformation.
The Job’s mission
The DBT Center is looking for a Research Fellow who will work alongside the DBT Center Director, DBT Center team members, and other IMD faculty working in the digital area to conduct cutting edge research and thought leadership on the topic of digital business transformation. The Research Fellow will be involved in multiple concurrent research projects. A large part of the role will involve collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and writing up the results in the form of top tier academic articles.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Collect, analyze and draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data in a structured manner
- Produce top tier (FT50) academic articles, in addition to reports, papers, and other forms of output
- Present research to media and groups of executives
- Work collaboratively with researchers within the DBT Center and other IMD faculty on research topics linked to digital transformation
- Some international travel may be required
- PhD degree in Management or another related discipline
Experience & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to publish in top tier (FT50) academic journals
- Knowledge of innovative research methods and related software
- Knowledge of empirical research methods, like interview and survey design
- Knowledge of statistics packages like ATLAS.ti, NVivo or equivalent (for qualitative research) and SPSS or equivalent (for quantitative research)
- Keen interest in digital business and advanced technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills – multiple projects will be running concurrently
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Deadline oriented. Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible, there will be heavy workload during peak periods
- Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent. Other languages a plus.
- We are open to early-career, mid-career, or late-career candidates
Research Fellow at IMD
3 Years, Fixed-Term with possibilities of extension
Full Time (40 hours)
18t March 2021
15 April 2021
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.