To reinforce our team, we are looking for a
Research Associate (100%)
Why we are recruiting
The Research Associate, as part of the R&D department, will collaborate with Faculty members on writing articles, case studies and teaching notes, either from primary or secondary sources, with the aim of generating high quality thought leadership material to further executive education. Other research work and outputs might be required, such as study design, research methodology creation, survey development, data processing and analysis, and producing reports, literature reviews, books, articles and learning materials for Faculty members to use in IMD programs.
Reporting directly to the Research Resources Manager, the Research Associate will work with varying degrees of collaboration and direction provided by a Faculty member on multiple concurrent research projects. Each project leads to multiple types of written and/or audio-visual output. The research agenda is determined by the Faculty members; on the operational level, the Research Associate has a high degree of responsibility.
- Delivering high quality output, often within tight deadlines, that is in line with Faculty members’ research agenda and IMD’s standards.
- Driving projects forward, including managing timing and Faculty members’ expectations.
- Providing proactive ideas and suggestions that could lead to innovative ways of thinking or new ways of presenting research material.
- Building excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders, primarily Faculty members, as well as external clients such as executives at senior levels of case companies.
- Conducting and writing up interviews with managers at all organizational levels.
- Analyzing and drawing insights from qualitative data in a structured manner.
Formula for success
The following experience and skills are a must:
- Business experience (5+ years) in a role requiring analytical, writing and conceptual skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Strong research skills (data gathering, interviewing, hypothesis building, analysis, use of online sources such as ProQuest, Factiva, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision.
- Very strong organizational skills (multiple projects will be running concurrently).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The following experience and skills are highly valued:
- Managerial experience, experience in management consulting, international exposure.
- Experience writing for executive audiences and/or experience in business journalism.
- Experience in case writing, in particular in the area of change management.
- Video script writing and editing skills.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and case writing experience and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to email@example.com