The job’s mission
The Research Associate, as part of the R&D department, will collaborate with Faculty members on writing articles, case studies and teaching notes, either from primary or secondary sources, with the aim of generating high quality thought leadership material to further executive education. Other research work and outputs might be required, such as study design, creation of research methodologies, survey development, processing and analyzing data, reports, literature reviews, books, and learning materials for Faculty members to use in IMD programs. The Research Associate will work with varying degrees of collaboration and direction provided by a Faculty member
The candidate must have case writing experience and professional business expertise in general management, particularly in the areas of leadership, strategy, organization and change management.
Key activities & accountabilities
Reporting directly to the Research Resources Manager, the Research Associate will work with Faculty members on multiple concurrent research projects that lead to multiple types of written and/or audiovisual output. The research agenda is determined by the Faculty members; on the operational level, the Research Associate has a high degree of responsibility for driving the project forward and delivering output.
The role includes the following activities:
- Delivering high quality output, often within tight deadlines, that is in line with Faculty members’ research agenda and IMD’s standards.
- Driving projects forward, including managing timing and Faculty members’ expectations.
- Providing proactive ideas and suggestions that could lead to innovative ways of thinking or new ways of presenting research material.
- Building good working relationship with internal clients, primarily Faculty members, as well as external clients such as executives at senior levels of case companies.
- Conducting and writing up interviews with managers at all levels and other relevant stakeholders.
- Analyzing and drawing insights from qualitative data in a structured manner.
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Business experience (5+ years) in a role requiring analytical, writing and conceptual skills
- Experience in writing case studies is essential (published cases)
- Managerial experience is a plus
- Experience in a management consulting or business development role is an asset
- Strong research skills (data gathering, interviewing, hypothesis building, analysis, use of online sources such as ProQuest, Factiva, etc.)
- Strong international exposure
- Excellent English writing skills and experience writing for executive audiences
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills – multiple projects will be running concurrently
- Video script writing and editing skills are an advantage
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our challenging environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to firstname.lastname@example.org