Professor in family business
In order continue and grow our tradition of excellence in family business education, we are looking for a Professor in family business who will hold the Wild Group Chair for Family Business.
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Successful candidates will have an established research profile in family business scholarship and a proven track record of management education. A doctorate in an academic area related to family business from a well-regarded research institution and career path establishing presence in the family business academic field is a pre-requisite. The ability to teach in English is a must; experience living or working in multiple countries is a plus. Most of our faculty also have some direct business experience, although this is not a formal requirement.
The Job’s mission
Successful candidates will need to be accomplished in crafting a research agenda that results in top-quality research publications and feel comfortable interacting with family business members and senior executives in a pedagogical setting. Commitment to working in a collegial and collaborative environment that emphasizes teamwork is essential. IMD does not have a tenure system.
Key activities & accountabilities
Research and Thought Leadership
- Work with a research team to construct and deliver a long-term research agenda in the area of family business that result in publications are rigorous, insightful, relevant, and actionable
- Develop case studies on family business
Programs and innovation
- Direct, co-direct, or teach in IMD’s current portfolio of family business programs
- Devise innovative pedagogy for a new set of family business programs
IMD Global Family Business Center and Stakeholder Engagement
- To engage actively with stakeholders of the Center including benefactors, family business networks alumni, and clients
- To serve as an advisor for the family business awards organized by the Center
- To represent the Center in external conferences, seminars, and network meetings
- To possibly serve as a director or co-director of the Center
About IMD business school
IMD is an independent business school, with Swiss roots and global reach, expert in developing leaders and transforming organizations to create ongoing impact.
For the last 7 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked TOP 3 in executive education worldwide – FIRST in open programs (Financial Times 2012-2018).
- Annually, more than 9’000 executives and more than 170 global organizations choose IMD for their customized programs
- Over 35 Open-enrollment executive development programs (including MBA and EMBA programs) and 13 online programs, which provide one-on-one coaching
- Our alumni network counts more than 100,000 members and 46 clubs worldwide
- Over 34 different nationalities represented by 340+ IMD faculty and staff
IMD is one of the pioneers of family business education. Since 1988, IMD has created learning journeys for family businesses that is informed by research and innovative pedagogy, with the open enrolment “Leading the Family Business” being first one of its kind to be offered.
IMD recruits world class faculty members who are experts in their fields, have experience engaging with senior executives, and have a global mind-set. IMD Professors create inspiring learning environments with and for senior executives by building on their practical understanding of general management, incorporating their research findings, using executive level pedagogy and continuous innovation in the design of teaching materials and programs. In addition, they have strong client-engagement skills and are willing to evolve with clients’ needs. IMD Professors are strong team players committed to embodying IMD’s vision, mission and organizational values.
Find out more at www.imd.ch/fac
How to apply
Please send your application (motivation letter and academic CV including publication list and references) by email to [email protected]