Legal Counsel - Interim 6 months
The Job’s mission
Be part of the Legal team and assist in legal affairs pertaining to the Foundation and its activities for a maternity cover.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Provide practical legal advice and support in day-to-day business, in particular contracts, corporate, compliance, tax and labour matters;
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies, and to pro-actively engaging with and contributing to the team horizon scanning process;
- Negotiate, draft and review commercial agreements and provide legal advice on a variety of transactional matters, also providing oversight to external counsel;
- Summarize and report on new legal requirements and changes to existing Swiss laws and regulations;
- Supporting the organisation globally and providing ancillary support on administrative tasks (Salesforce entries, approval forms, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Law in Switzerland or other jurisdictions
Experience & Competencies
- 8+ years of legal experience with knowledge of the operations of large international law firms or an international organization operating in a multi-jurisdictional environment, Swiss experience a must;
- Proven competence in Contract Law, Corporate Law, Compliance, ideally with additional experience on Tax and Labour Law, Foundations Law or not-for-profit organisation;
- Solution-oriented thinking, flexible, collaborative, fast learner, with a hands-on mentality and ability to solve complex issues quickly;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as part of a small legal team in a multicultural institution;
- Demonstrated communication, team building, inter-personal, writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and French.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.