The Job’s mission
Co-design, orchestrate and deliver learning activities across IMD’s offerings including: open, degree, custom and online to ensure world class learning experiences for IMD’s current and future clients. Support and drive pedagogical innovation throughout IMD. This role requires an in-depth understanding of (a) how to tackle complex business and leadership challenges to add value for the client and participants and (b) how to design and deliver high-impact learning experiences that meet the clients’ or participants’ specific needs.
The Learning Manager works in partnership with Program Directors and the Client Engagement team to ensure the successful design, support and impactful delivery of learning objectives via IMD programs and learning experiences.
Key activities & accountabilities
1. Instructional Design
- When required, apply pedagogical skills to design overall learning experiences with Program Directors, Director of Digital Learning, Client Engagement team as appropriate, ensuring a common “red thread” learning-experience throughout. This requires co-creation with the client to maximize learning and business impact.
- Work with faculty and the client, to develop teaching tools and materials in order to deliver on the program learning objectives, and may include preparation of live-cases, ‘experiential’ leadership days, or action-learning projects.
- Blending of digital and face-to-face learning experiences
- For repeat programs, continue to improve on design based on feedback.
2. Program Management
- Liaise and communicate with and between client, faculty, Program Coordinators and Faculty Assistants, coaches, speakers
- Lead and coordinate coaching team and other individuals involved in delivery. Monitor and ensure quality of coaching/sessions delivered by delivery team aside from faculty, through feedback.
3. Client Relationship Building and Support
- Work with Program Director, Client Engagement team to manage the on-going client relationship
- Develop close working relationship with the client’s key contacts.
4. Pedagogical Innovation Projects
- Design and creation of new learning experiences e.g.-self-paced digital learning, learning pathways, blended journeys, train the trainer etc
- Enable cascading of IMD thought leadership throughout organizations via innovative instructional design and creative scalable delivery mechanisms
- Support accreditation of IMD offerings
- Conceive and orchestrate new diploma/program combinations
- Support best practice exchange amongst internal and external Learning Managers, by developing new learning tools or templates, to be shared on an institution-wide basis.
5. Preparation and Delivery of Participant Coaching and Support, Business and Leadership Coaching, Grading/Evaluations
- Manage the pre-program process and timelines with program participants including providing feedback either individually or in teams
- Facilitate team discussions
- Collate and analyze submissions for input to face-to-face or online module content
- In degree, open and online programs, provide grading and evaluation services
- Orchestrate/conduct business or leadership coaching sessions pre-, during and post-program, in the context of action-learning, These services could involve 360 degree feedback sessions, peer feedback sessions, outdoor exercise session debriefs and personality survey feedback sessions.
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent degree
- Instructional Design/Project Management/Leadership development
- Extensive work experience on a wide range of strategic/business topics e.g.: strategic management consulting, functional roles management positions
- Experience in :
- Working with executive education clients or senior executives
- Developing leadership competences
- Building leadership development agendas
- Coaching teams and individuals
- Working with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Action learning design and facilitation
- Digital /Blended Learning
- Transformation and Innovation
- ‘No job too big or too small’ mentality
- Ability to successfully manage a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure results
- Highly flexible to adapt to internal and external changes
- Independent with initiative and drive to overcome obstacles and see projects through to a successful conclusion
- Capacity to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Capacity to manage upwards
- Excellent personal organization
- A general curiosity in latest management thinking
- Fluent written and oral English; knowledge of other languages (e.g. French) is an asset.
IMD is a top-ranked business school based on the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are the experts in developing leaders and transforming organisations through high-impact executive education. IMD’s unique environment enables the recruitment of the best people to meet its objectives.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our challenging environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected]