Learning Innovation & Technology Lead
The Job’s mission
Accelerate IMD’s development and adoption of innovative technologies and tools to drive real learning and real impact. Leverage the stream of disruptive ed tech innovations and work closely with IMD faculty to meet emerging needs, identify opportunities for experimentation, and drive best practice diffusion. Where appropriate, conceptualize and supervise the development of proprietary IMD technologies and/or the customization and adaptation to IMD’s needs of externally available solutions.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Conduct ongoing insightful technological monitoring/exploration, aiming to identify new technologies or approaches we could integrate in IMD’s pedagogical processes to ensure that we are world-leading in all facets of technology-mediated pedagogy.
- Develop and manage relationships between IMD and pivotal ed tech forums, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists, and bolster IMD’s visibility among them.
- Partner with faculty to identify opportunities for the adoption of innovative learning technologies to drive learning effectiveness and impact in face-to-face, live virtual, and online settings.
- Understand pedagogical needs and strategies for executive learning across a broad range of business- and management-related disciplines.
- Leverage deep familiarity with state-of-the art mobile apps, AI and VR, learning gamification, simulations, etc. to identify opportunities for adoption by IMD faculty and Learning Managers.
- Pay special attention to algorithmic- and AI-driven technologies that reduce the need for faculty intervention.
- Work with IT to enable the adoption, integration and appropriate configuration of innovative learning technologies at IMD.
- Design and implement tools to assess the effectiveness of adopted learning innovations and technologies, and “close the learning loop” by channelling the lessons and insights into the next round of innovation.
- Project manage the development of proprietary IMD learning technologies and/or collaborate with external providers on the adaptation and, where appropriate, IMD branding of existing tools and solutions. As appropriate, promote licensing of IMD learning technologies among clients and/or peer institutions.
- Partner with the Dean of Faculty and the Dean of Programs to design, develop and implement workshops and other diffusion mechanisms to raise awareness among the faculty and to drive broadest-possible adoption of impact-enhancing educational technologies.
- Ensure the Custom Program team is fully aware of technology-enabled innovative pedagogies and learning designs and partner with the team to identify, develop and deploy appropriate technologies in support of clients’ learning objectives.
- Work with the IMD Communications team and across the institution to raise the visibility of IMD technology leadership both externally and internally.
- Possibly manage the build out of a larger Learning Innovation and Technology team.
The Learning Innovation and Technology Lead works closely with a range of internal stakeholders - Dean of Innovation and Programs, Chief Digital and Customer Experience Officer, Dean of Faculty, Director of Programs and Learning Design, Head of Impact, Director of IT, Director of Sales, Senior Director of Custom Programs, IMD Learning Managers etc to ensure an IMD wide collaborative and holistic approach.
- Masters degree in a related field such as learning sciences, educational technology, learning design, IT, data science, or computer science. Cross-disciplinary training strongly preferred.
- Proven ability in having delivered on this role’s key activities and accountabilities in a high performance educational contexts
- Demonstrated relationships among the ed tech community
- Familiarity with executive education a plus
- Additional desirable experience
- Entrepreunarial experience and/or personal experience designing and developing apps or other technologies, ideally for educational use,
- Building environments for learning and teaching, incorporating multimedia, artificial intelligence, computer networks and innovative curriculum and classroom activity structures,
- Foundation in the tools and theory of learning design, technology innovation, learning assessment and learning analytics.
- Passion for IMD’s mission and for the role technology can play in helping us live up to it
- Curiosity and creativity. Ability to challenge what is and inspire what could be
- Independent self-starter with initiative and drive to overcome obstacles and see projects through to a successful conclusion
- Excellent personal organization
- Ability to successfully manage a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure results
- Highly flexible to adapt to internal and external changes
- Capacity to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Capacity to manage upwards, across, downwards
- ‘No job too big or too small’ mentality
- Fluent written and oral English; knowledge of other languages (e.g. French) is an asset.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.