Custom Programs Development Director
The Job’s mission
The Director’s role is to ensure IMD is doing high-quality custom program work with the most interesting, most compelling, most profitable and most enlightening clients. The Director is a center of expertise with respect to the design and development for customized programs within IMD.
The Director is responsible for taking the lead on custom program opportunities and especially focusing on transformation type programs, for the design and development of proposals and for closing the deals. He/she works as a team with faculty and the Market Directors in business development activities so that IMD’s go to market strategy is effective and successful.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Diagnose clients’ needs based on a deep understanding of the client’s strategy, L&D strategy, and leadership competencies and knowing how IMD can help and what possible custom solutions may look like.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client also on C-suite level for learning and development solutions.
Conduct a diagnostic with each potential client and write complex and cutting edge proposals to meet client’s needs. The Director is expected to bring new innovative ideas to a client’s challenge and build in the innovation in the response. This involves integrating graphics, videos etc into the proposals and making sure that the proposals reflect high end IMD’s brand. The Director should also know how to fully use all of IMD’s portfolio in learning solutions.
Analyze requests for custom solutions and clients’ needs. Prioritize requests, balance them with available resources and ensure appropriate client selection.
- Able to professionally and convincingly present IMD’s proposals to clients.
- Negotiate deals with clients and responsible for ensuring that proposals ensure at gross margin.
- Introduce the faculty Program Director to the client and facilitate the onboarding relationship.
- Maintain and follow-up on-going discussions with faculty about their client preferences, program design capabilities and Program Directorship interests in order to make the right faculty – client matches.
- Build a center of cutting edge expertize in custom programs and especially transformational programs at IMD and help make sure IMD stays at the forefront in custom programs.
- University Masters degree in related filed such as Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing (MBA or graduate equivalent highly preferred).
- Management/strategy consulting experience.
- A proven track record of business development and solutions-based strategic selling at the executive level in global organizations.
- Customer-focused and excellent analytical skills: ability to diagnose client issues when the client may be unclear regarding its organizational context and learning objectives and ability to find creative solutions to a client’s needs.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills: Ability to allocate the appropriate resources to each client request, meet deadlines and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and reporting communication skills. Ability to present clear and compelling ideas to our clients and internally.
- Willingness and ability to effectively contribute in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Outstanding teamwork and organizational skills: The Director works closely with clients, Client & Market Development Directors, IMD faculty, the marketing team, learning mangers and other members of the custom programs team.
- Consistently work within a CRM system context for documenting activity, tracking results, analysis and reporting.
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage.
IMD is a top-ranked business school based on the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are the experts in developing leaders and transforming organisations through high-impact executive education. IMD’s unique environment enables the recruitment of the best people to meet its objectives.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our challenging environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to firstname.lastname@example.org