IT Systems & Network Engineer (100%)
The Job’s mission
The IT System & Network Engineer is a member of the IT System & Network Team, reporting to the IT Systems & Network Lead, and in charge of designing, building, monitoring and operating IMD’s IT infrastructure. He/she will ensure continuous improvement of the existing physical systems and virtualization platforms (VMware) and storage components. He/she shall have a strong understanding of network infrastructure (wired and wireless) and unified communication as well as ability to manage IT infrastructure projects. He/she will collaborate with the other IT teams, provide L2/L3 support for incidents as well as have on-call service responsibilities on a rotation basis.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Implement, administer, maintain, operate, monitor and troubleshoot:
- Firewalls (Palo Alto), routers, switches (Cisco)
- Wireless and Network Access Control technology (Cisco, Aruba ClearPass)
- Load Balancer (Citrix Netscaler)
- Unified communication (Cisco Call Manager)
- SAN/NAS (DELL/EMC Compellent & Isilon, Cisco MDS) and backup solutions (Oracle SL 150, Data Domain and NetBackup)
- Linux/UNIX Operating system (Red Hat, CentOs) and virtualisation (VMware)
- Be the first point of contact with IT manufacturers, vendors, and consultants to insure appropriate development, installation and operation of IT services
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex IT issues; lead and interface with external partners to resolve technical problems when necessary
- Carry out IT infrastructure projects
- Perform on-call infrastructure service support on a rotation basis
- Provide L2/L3 support in collaboration with other IT and operational teams
- Draw up and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning of network communication systems
- Automate tasks using scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Vendor expert certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP, VMWare VCA/ VCP are strong assets
- At least 5 years in a similar position and proven experience with several technologies included in the job description
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers
- Quick learner of unfamiliar technology and products primarily through using documentation and internet resources
- Self-starter, able to work independently but with a clear desire for collaboration
- Proficiency in scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Shell) is an important advantage
- Knowledge of Salesforce and O365 is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in English, French is a plus
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.