The Job’s mission
The Information Specialist, as part of the R&D department, will provide the IMD community and the customers of the Information Center with high-quality information, searched, reviewed and compiled according to the diverse needs of the different requesters. The Information Specialist will also take part in projects and initiatives to promote and develop the Information Center as the cutting-edge knowledge place of IMD.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Run in-depth researches on specific topics for IMD faculty members, program participants and other stakeholders.
- During sessions at the Information Desk, provide information research assistance to the IMD community and its customers.
- Manage IMD Knowledge: liaise with different stakeholders (Faculty, Communication and R&D departments) to gather IMD’s intellectual production – publications, pedagogical materials, etc.; catalogue it using the IMD Knowledge Management System; provide regular reporting.
- Provide support for Bookstore operations, including book acquisitions for the library collection, programs and staff.
- Manage the Interlibrary Loan service.
- Perform other library tasks according to the needs of the team and IMD’s business strategy.
- Manage ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Library science degree or equivalent level of education.
- At least three years’ experience working in a library or information center, in a service position.
- Complete mastery of English both written and oral. Good command of French and/or other languages an asset.
- Computer literate (Windows environment), with strong emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience in the search in online databases and Internet (social media an asset).
- Interest/experience in communication and training an asset.
- Customer- and service-oriented.
- Dynamic, confident and flexible.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage time as required.
- Results-oriented with rigorous approach and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining focus, commitment and motivation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with different personalities in a diplomatic way.
- Cost conscious.
- Sense of initiative and innovation.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to email@example.com.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.