Head of Content (100%)
The Job’s mission
As we build on this success, we are seeking an ambitious and experienced Head of Content to play a pivotal role in our innovative Communications team at our headquarters in Lausanne.
Are you a world-beating content creator? Can you lead a talented team to transform the global debate about business, society and leadership?
Key activities & accountabilities
The Head of Content, reporting to our Chief Communications Officer, will be responsible for all IMD content produced for its communications channels and activities.
Leading a team of editors, social media managers and asset designers, the successful candidate will enhance and strengthen our website, publications, editorial strategy, multimedia production, social media presence and other communications content to cement IMD as a leader and pioneer in executive education communications and thought leadership. Our goal is to ensure that IMD’s platforms are always essential reading and viewing for our key audiences, and beyond.
Above all, the successful candidate will understand and know how to create, package and curate content that truly connects with our audiences in the most effective, credible and engaging ways. IMD is committed to providing its customers, clients and stakeholders with world-class service. At the heart of this goal is how we communicate and how we produce our content.
- Journalism background
- 10 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in the field of communications, content or media.
- extensive experience of producing innovative and creative multimedia content and campaigns for a large/international organization
- Fluency in English, working knowledge in other languages (especially French) would be an asset
- Candidates must be passionate about content and communications
- world-class writing and editing skills
- ability to effectively manage, inspire and lead a team
- the tenacity to liaise and engage with high-level executives
- razor-sharp editorial judgement
- digital and tech know how
- a strategic and analytical approach to content.
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.