Custom Programs Associate Director
The Job’s mission
The Associate Director’s role is to ensure IMD is doing high-quality custom program work with the most interesting, most compelling, most profitable (for IMD) and most enlightening clients. The Associate Director belong to a team that is the center of expertise with respect to the design and development for customized programs within IMD.
The Associate Director is responsible for taking the lead on opportunistic custom program opportunities and for closing the deals. Especially for supporting the IMD Agents with custom program acquisition. The Associate Director works as a team with faculty and the Market Directors in business development activities so that IMD’s go to market strategy is effective and successful.
The Associate Director matches the right clients with the right faculty and faculty teams on the right types of program opportunities:
- so that our clients and our faculty are enthusiastic and engaged in the program design and delivery process,
- so that the business and learning results and impact of each program are outstanding, and
- so that the Custom Program business keeps growing in revenue, in profitability and in its contribution to the strength of IMD’s global reputation.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Able to do a first diagnosis (under the supervision of Director of Custom Programs) of a client’s learning and development needs and and what possible custom L&D solutions may look like.
- Write proposals that match IMD’s brand. The Associate Director is expected to bring new innovative ideas, by brainstorming with a Director of Custom Programs, to a client’s challenge and build in the innovation in the response. This involves integrating graphics, videos etc into the proposals and making sure that the proposals reflect high end IMD’s brand. The Associate Director should also know how to fully use all of IMD’s portfolio in learning solutions.
- Support Directors in their custom programs proposal work if needed.
- Do a first analysis of a request for custom programs, evaluate the adequate resources to engage in the response.
- The Associate Director is expected to be able to professionally and convincingly present IMD’s proposals to clients together with a Director, a Client & Market Director and/or faculty.
- Introduce the faculty Program Director to the client and facilitate the on-boarding relationship.
- Maintain and follow-up on-going discussions with faculty about their client preferences, program design capabilities and Program Directorship interests in order to make the right faculty – client matches.
- Making sure knowledge is shared across the institution an that innovation is brought forward in proposals and in client discussions.
- Price and negotiate deals with clients under the supervision of a Director.
Work closely with the Client & Market Team
- Work with the Market Directors in the preparation of custom program proposals.
- Disseminate custom program knowledge, best practices and cutting edge approaches with the Client & Market Team so that they can bring the latest ideas and innovations to the market.
- University degree (preferably Master degree) in related filed such as Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing.
- Business development especially focused on solution selling
- Executive Education experience in a business development role.
- Customer-focused and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and reporting communication skills. Ability to present clear and compelling ideas to our clients and internally
- Willingness and ability to effectively contribute in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Outstanding teamwork and organizational skills
- Consistently work within a CRM system context for documenting activity, tracking results, analysis, and reporting
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.