Content Production Editor
The Job’s mission
To manage the planning and publishing of articles, videos and all other output as a key part of IMD’s content strategy. Directly reporting to the Head of Content, the content production editor works with the experts in the communications team (visual communicators, social media experts, and a team of editors and writers) to optimize workflow. As fluent in analytics as she or he is in English, the content production editor engages and collaborates with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including the communications department, UX design team, marketing team, IT department, IMD’s research centers and, most importantly, our readers, to ensure that all content is delivered clearly.
The content production editor must have both meticulous organizational skills and also a keenness to experiment with content, with the drive to ensure that IMD is presenting thought leadership in the optimal format and targeting the right demographic in the right space.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Define and oversee the execution of IMD’s content strategy
- Oversee workflow of the Content Studio, balancing the publishing schedule and distribution of work
- Communicate IMD’s content strategy to all the internal stakeholders
- Manage the editorial team’s workload
- Support the Head of Content in leading the team of editors – both in-house and freelance – in best practice for publishing, liaising with UX, social media team and marketing team to ensure consistent voice and style across the site, carrying out work agreed by IMD’s Editorial Board
- Proofread all output on social and on IMD site
- Audit and improve existing content pages on imd.org in collaboration with marketing, UX design team and IT
- Monitor the content on imd.org and identify the subject and format gaps.
- University degree, preferably a Master’s degree with a business background or demonstrated interest in the subject.
Experience and Competencies
- Fluent in English, ideally competent in French
- At least five to ten years in a fast-paced newsroom or business journalism background
- Proven project management skills, ability to lead projects without supervision
- Demonstrated experience of content production and a range of CMS
- Experience of digital content strategy – SEO, optimising article structure, varying storytelling formats
- Results-oriented with rigorous approach and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining timelines and high standards of delivery.
- Demonstrated experience of leading in multiple formats of storytelling, with a sense of innovation and experimentation
- Experience using analytics for long and short-term publishing planning, both in terms of content and strategy
- Ability to deal with different personalities in a diplomatic way.
- Service minded and team oriented
- Experience of multimedia publishing and prioritization (video, audio)
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.