Community Manager - Digital Programs
The Job’s mission
The Impact and Community Manager – Digital Programs (ICM – Digital Programs) is in charge of facilitating continuous and successful engagement of participants and alumni of open and custom programs on digital business transformation and related topics (DBT topics), especially those going through the Digital Excellence Diploma.
Key activities & accountabilities
The ICM – Digital Programs has an advanced understanding of digital business transformation and actively supports IMD’s leading position as a provider of executive education on DBT topics. He or she will strive to:
- Build a portfolio of vibrant and active communities (online and offline) of participants and alumni of programs related to DBT topics. The largest of these communities will capture the interest of a general audience, while others will be linked to specific topics of interest,
- Liaise and coordinate with internal IMD stakeholders to ensure that participant needs are being met,
- Help participants implement the knowledge they gained at IMD in their own organizations to improve their actual and perceived return-on-investment from taking IMD programs on DBT topics,
- Continue to provide participants and alumni of IMD programs on DBT topics with continuous learning on digital business transformation, which may include exposing them to learning from each other or external providers,
- Increase the number and satisfaction of participants enrolled in custom programs linked to DBT Topics.
Post-Program Support, Engagement, and Promotion of Lifelong Learning :
- Proactively engage with participants during, after, and between LDBT and other programs focused on DBT topics. This can include, for example, building a digital community of practice among participants as they go through the Digital Excellence Diploma;
- Create and maintain social links and dialogue among DBT program alumni by building an active community of practice. This community will engage alumni in activities and discussions where they can ask questions, have active exchanges, and learn from each other;
- Welcome LDBT alumni and other participants taking programs on DBT topics each time they come to IMD, catch up with them, offer personal follow-up meetings and support their learning journey where possible;
- Find creative ways to add value to participants and alumni of programs on DBT topics. For example, by organizing knowledge exchanges or job shadowing (including IMD Faculty).
- Motivate and support participants in organizing their own alumni meetups;
- Identify potential sponsors and project partnerships that could contribute to lifelong learning and the promotion of IMD as the premier source for learning on digital transformation. Pass these leads along to Digital Program Directors and the DBT Center as appropriate;
- Connect DBT alumni with the appropriate IMD sales channel for continuing education of DBT topics. This activity includes different open programs of DBT topics as well as facilitating cross-overs between open and custom programs. Note that the ICM – Digital Programs role is not responsible for direct sales.
Digital Content Expertise
- Be an IMD contact person between the DBT Center, the Director of the Digital Excellence Diploma, and Directors of IMD programs on DBT topics and external resources to engage them for the purpose of creation of new cases and other pedagogical resources (contribute to the design and content transfer between them)
- Support the communications team in finding new impact stories to share and promote
- Provide reports on key performance indicators. Develop and maintain a measurement dashboard consisting of both qualitative and quantitative measurements that help to evaluate community engagement. For example, size of different communities including joiners and leavers, extent of engagement within each community, and returns to IMD for additional programs;
- Provide ongoing feedback to the LDBT Directors and other interested parties on user needs and make recommendations on program improvements;
- Report on the most active members, communities and content. Lead (advocate and champion) the groups by providing orientation, mentorship, and support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Business, Hospitality or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant experience in communication, event management, community development and alumni management
- Experience building and managing offline and online communities on enterprise-level social collaboration platforms as well as popular collaboration platforms.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Experience working with top and mid-level executives across the world;
- Project management experience;
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to work cross-functionally communicating with teams combined to the ability to interact with Executives in a highly professional manner and to win their confidence and build long-term relationships
- Strong understanding of digital tools, technologies, and business models;
- Customer-focused with a lot of initiative and diplomacy;
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience developing positive working relationships;
- Excellent English written and oral language skills;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations to drive actions;
- Sense of initiative with attention to detail;
- Ability to work in an international, fast-changing environment;
- Flexibility to work some evenings and possibly some weekends
- MS Office proficiency.
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.