Career Development Operations Officer - MBA
The Job’s mission
The Career Development Operations Officer is responsible for all the operations and the day to day running of the department. This includes all the administrative tasks, reporting, managing all the online platforms used by the department, and the logistics and running for all events organized by the Career Development Center. Additionally, he/she also provides support and services to MBA participants.
Key activities & accountabilities
- General administration of the Career Development Center and the financial operations, budget control and follow up. This includes generating and follow up of POs, invoice payment, invoicing companies for on-campus recruitment events. The operations officer will be the link with the accounting department.
- Responsible for reporting and data analysis. Yearly placement reports, recruitment statistics and overall reporting.
- Will manage all the online platforms used by the Career Development Center, such as Symplicity and Canvas. Will input information and create the necessary reports. Will also manage the relation with external suppliers (Symplicity, MBA-Exchange, Highered, CaseCoach) and will provide support to MBAs on the use of those platforms.
- Update the content of the Career Development Center website
- Coordinate workshops, career advising activities and events. Organize (design, implement and supervise) simulated interviews and Alumni panels.
- Organize (design, implement and supervise) recruitment activities (company presentations, interviews, Talent Forum). This applies to on-campus, off-campus and virtual activities.
- Support the process and logistics of all Career Development Center documents (Faculty Book, Profile Book and CV Book)
- Review current processes and implement required changes in order to improve efficiency
- Within the scope of the role, the Career Development Operations Officer will also be contributing to other department activities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in business administration, hospitality management, marketing or equivalent.
- 5 years previous experience in career departments and/or talent acquisition will be a plus.
- International experience (academic and/or professional).
- English mothertongue or equivalent, other languages are a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work in teams and a client-focused attitude.
- High level of comfort interacting with demanding clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and use resources efficiently.
- Calm demeanour and capacity to work under stress and with tight deadlines
- Able to provide solutions and think out of the box. Capacity to innovate, review and improve processes.
- Availability to work 100%
IMD is an independent business school, with Swiss roots and global reach, expert in developing leaders and transforming organizations to create ongoing impact.
IMD relies on a team of more than 340+ IMD faculty and staff from over 34 different nationalities, ensuring a truly international environment.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked TOP 3 in executive education worldwide – first in open programs (Financial Times 2012-2019).
- Annually, more than 9,000 executives and more than 170 global organizations choose IMD for their customized programs
- Over 35 open-enrolment executive development programs (including MBA and EMBA programs) and 13 online programs, which provide one-on-one coaching
- Our alumni network has more than 100,000 members and 46 clubs worldwide
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.