Career Advisor - MBA
The Job’s mission
The Career Development Advisor provides support and services to MBA participants. This includes advising them on their career development and job search strategies, as well as conducting employer outreach to recruiters and alumni worldwide to cultivate new and maintain existing relationships.
The career advisor will also be responsible for the creation of the Faculty Book, MBA Profile brochure and the CV Book.
The Advisor will report to the Career Development Center Director, he/she also assumes responsibility for multiple department activities, which may include, among others, some of the following: management of on-campus recruiting activities; understanding and promoting career education/workshops; management and reporting of employment information and statistics.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Create the Faculty Book, MBA Profile brochure and the CV Book. This involves very close exchange and collaboration with the MBAs and will begin once they are registered for the program and before they begin.
- Generate new agreements of collaboration between IMD and companies. The main goal is to generate international job opportunities for our MBAs.
- Be the link between the recruiters and the participants.
- Advise MBA participants during the year on career strategy issues, such as: career strategy definition, job search, CV&CL, recruitment processes, interview preparation, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strategic activities: Coordinate on campus and off campus events, company presentations, HR events, panel discussions, global agreements, career workshops, etc.
- Follow up and analysis of results and placement.
- Innovate to improve processes and enhance the participant’s experience.
- University degree in social science, hospitality management, marketing or similar
- 5 years previous experience in career departments and/or talent acquisition will be a plus.
- International experience (academic and/or professional).
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- Very high level of written English required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership of projects. Proactive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work in teams and a client-focused attitude.
- High level of comfort interacting with demanding students and clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Diplomatic and discreet
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and use resources efficiently.
- Calm demeanour and able to work under stress and with tight deadlines
- Able to provide solutions and think out of the box
- Availability to travel for business trips in Switzerland and/or overseas.
- Availability to work 100%
IMD is an independent business school, with Swiss roots and global reach, expert in developing leaders and transforming organizations to create ongoing impact.
IMD relies on a team of more than 340+ IMD faculty and staff from over 34 different nationalities, ensuring a truly international environment.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked TOP 3 in executive education worldwide – first in open programs (Financial Times 2012-2019).
- Annually, more than 9,000 executives and more than 170 global organizations choose IMD for their customized programs
- Over 35 open-enrolment executive development programs (including MBA and EMBA programs) and 13 online programs, which provide one-on-one coaching
- Our alumni network has more than 100,000 members and 46 clubs worldwide
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.