Associate Director (100%) - IMD Global Board Center
The Job’s mission
The Associate Director teams up with the Director of the IMD Global Board Center (www.imd.org/board/board-center/) on research and academic issues. He/she is responsible for the Center producing high quality academic research in top management journals (e.g., FT 50). He/she manages the relationship between the Center and IMD internal and external stakeholders and acts as an ambassador of the Center, leading research activities, as well as representing the Center in external events. He/she substitutes the Director in front of clients and other projects as required. He/she continuously reinforces the Center highest level of excellence through optimal communication processes. However, his/her non-academic tasks will be secondary to the primary goal of publishing high quality academic research (e.g., FT 50).
Key activities & accountabilities
- Produce high quality academic research in top management journals (e.g., FT 50)
- Confidence in interacting with board members and senior executives to help with their learning needs
- Ability to represent the Center’s research at leading academic conferences and other external forums
- Work collaboratively with other researchers within the IMD Global Board Center, and from external research providers and/or partners
- Lead the Center’s research activities and initiatives in association with the Faculty Director
- Manage and develop the Center’s research strategy and methodology, including consistent production of academic publications (e.g., FT 50 list of journals)
- Be responsible for the Center’s overall operations, and to serve as line manager for research and operational staff
- PhD degree in Management, Strategy or Finance or a related discipline ideally on corporate governance topics
- Strong research credentials with a track record of publishing in high quality peer reviewed journals (e.g., FT 50)
- Experience in leading research initiatives and managing researchers
- Expertise in quantitative empirical research methods, including Big Data analysis and/or econometrics
- Expertise using statistical packages, such as Stata, SAS, R, or equivalent. Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python) is a plus
- Excellent English writing skills and experience writing for academic audiences
- Full fluency in English (written and spoken) at a native level or equivalent. Other languages are a plus
- Keen and demonstrable interest in corporate governance or other closely associated subjects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills (multiple projects will be running concurrently)
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimum supervision
- Deadline and results oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible (heavy workload during peak periods and some travel required)
IMD is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach. We strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide.
Challenging what is and inspiring what could be, we develop leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019).
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected]
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.