Direct Marketing Specialist
The Job’s mission
Promote the IMD brand by building state-of-the-art marketing campaigns, to ensure growth and awareness around all IMD programs and departments. Nurture contacts, feed leads with relevant content, pushing them down the sales funnel, from top to bottom. Report on campaign performance, adapt and enhance based on data.
Work closely with internal stakeholders, Faculty and department contacts to provide expertise and lead projects around promotional efforts. Display authority and experience in email marketing, by creating seamless journeys through engagement plans.
Key activities & accountabilities
Design and creativity: Build state-of-the-art email campaigns, fully responsive, with solid html coding and design skills. Staying alert on marketing trends while maintaining a fond understanding of email best-practice. Capacity to upgrade living templates, identify potential improvements based on data and pre-defined metrics.
Compliance: Understand and comply to current rules and regulations around GDPR practices. Ensure clients, leads and prospects’ privacy is respected, through personalized and engaging content.
Manage marketing campaigns: Define SMART objectives, elaborate strategies, create plans to promote and build awareness around IMD programs, centers and departments.
Write promotional copy (in English): Compose pertinent copy for email and other direct mailing collaterals. Strong English skills required.
Reporting: Monitor, analyze and report campaign performance and other department statistics. Learn and improve current processes, A/B test and implement measurement tools.
Advising: Recommend, advise and assist internal clients and colleagues when appropriate, to deliver pertinent marketing messages for given areas, while ensuring privacy and regulations. Delegate and supervise email initiatives with and for different stakeholders.
Innovation: Contribute to the development, test and implementation of new tools, projects and methods to optimize Direct Marketing effectiveness, costs and overall performance.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications or equivalent
- 5 or more years of solid email marketing. Direct Marketing, digital marketing, database marketing, communications or marketing related experience are assets.
- Excellent HTML coding skills, assertiveness with Dreamweaver or other editing tools
- Seamless CRM acumen (Salesforce/Pardot experience a plus)
- Copywriting in English, with excellent spoken and written skills
- Innovative - strong aptitude, curiosity, to learn new software and methods
- Experience in building landing pages, online forms and other marketing assets (dynamic content, automation plans, etc.)
- Commitment to a high level of accuracy and quality
- Understanding of GDPR laws and regulations
- Ability to collaborate on several different projects and meet deadlines; self-starter, work independently and effectively with others; excellent team spirit
- Confident networker with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Creative, produce effective, accurate, impactful written and graphic marketing
- Problem solving skills
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected].
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.