Annual Giving Manager
The Job’s mission
The Annual Giving Manager (AGM) plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates a strategic annual giving program that raises unrestricted and restricted gifts for IMD.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Responsible for creating, executing, and evaluating a year-round comprehensive annual giving program.
- This position is responsible for driving participation goals, with a strong focus on giving from graduate alumni, as well as building a culture of philanthropy amongst non-graduate alumni, and friends of IMD. Increasing the average gift size through strategic solicitations that drive gift upgrades will be pivotal to supporting key revenue goals.
- The AGM will meld data-driven decision making and industry best practices with an understanding of IMD´s unique position in the marketplace to create a compelling and effective strategy.
- Assess and set fiscal year fundraising goals and metrics in collaboration with the Chief Development and Alumni Relations Officer for the Annual Giving Program and mid-major level giving.
- Develop, manage, and implement a strategic, effective, and sustainable Annual Giving Program including reunion, class and program giving, designed to meet annual fiscal year fundraising goals for unrestricted and scholarship funds via activities such as direct e-mail, online giving, social media, crowd funding, etc.
- Research best practices, make recommendations, and implement the most effective ways to secure unrestricted and scholarship support for IMD.
- Build and lead, under the direction of the Chief Development and Alumni Relations Officer, an appropriately diverse and segmented approach to the Institution´s annual giving program that maximizes IMD’ ability to drive giving participation percentages and resources raised from graduate and non-graduate alumni as targeted objectives. Additional constituencies will include IMD client corporations, Trusts and Foundations, faculty/staff.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to fulfil established annual giving fundraising targets through the effective implementation and integration of all available solicitation channels, including e-mail, web-based/crowdfunding, and personal appeals. The AGM will be responsible for identifying and deploying new tools and strategies to solicit and stimulate philanthropic support currently not in use at IMD.
- Maximize the philanthropic potential of an annual giving program by overseeing a comprehensive segmentation, acquisition, upgrade, and recognition strategy for this pivotal pipeline.
- Define and execute the strategies, processes, and procedures for delivering results-driven crowdfunding campaigns and an annual day of giving in coordination with key Development and Alumni Relations colleagues, volunteers, campus partners, and student leaders.
- Lead an effort to build a culture of digital philanthropy by understanding and deploying best practices in social media, web-based target marketing, interactive appeals, and other emergent digital trends.
- Establish and grow a set of return-on-investment metrics that provide divisional insight into annual giving solicitation performance, informing programmatic decision making.
- Envision a dynamic and evergreen data set that provides predictive modelling for annual giving behaviour and partner on reporting and management of a real-time dashboard that highlights trends and key performance indicators through easy to interpret interfaces.
- Collaborate with the Alumni Relations team, key volunteers, departments, and other campus colleagues to create and maintain synergies for involving alumni in support for the Institute.
- Assist with the planning and successful execution of relevant alumni events.
- The Annual Giving Manager is also responsible, in coordination with colleagues in the Alumni Relations team, for managing and growing the Alumni Association membership base, renewing and upgrading member support.
- Bachelor’s or Master degree
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in metrics-driven annual giving/fundraising and with a strategic understanding of volunteer management, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative measures of engagement preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, analytic, and organizational skills, as well as a demonstrated commitment to succeed in this highly externally facing position.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple people, projects, and programs effectively as well as to sustain rigor in the anticipation and implementation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual assignments and responsibilities.
- Ability to exude a professional presence, especially with high-level campus leaders and institutional volunteers.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and to travel, as required.
The Institute for Management Development (IMD) is an independent academic institution with Swiss roots and global reach, founded almost 75 years ago by business leaders for business leaders. Since its creation, IMD has been a pioneering force in developing leaders who transform organizations and contribute to society.
Based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Singapore, IMD has been ranked in the Top 3 of the annual FT’s Executive Education Global Ranking for the last nine consecutive years and in the top five for 17 consecutive years. Our MBA and EMBA programs have repeatedly been singled out among the best in Europe and the world.
We believe that this consistency at the forefront of our industry is grounded in IMD’s unique approach to creating “Real Learning. Real Impact”. Led by an expert and diverse faculty, we strive to be the trusted learning partner of choice for ambitious individuals and organizations worldwide. Challenging what is and inspiring what could be.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our stimulating environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to [email protected]
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.