Your information has been modified successfully. Do you want to save your changes?
Meetings with finance directors are often awaited with trepidation from people coming from other parts of the business. Differences in “language” (finance speaks a different language), and metrics often confuse even the most senior corporate officers. The objective of this brief event is to allow non-finance people to gain an understanding of what finance is about, to present the jargon, and to clarify the advantages that finance knowledge can bring to the people working in the other part of the business (the finance value proposition). By the end of the event, participants will have a better view of what finance is all about, and will gain some important insights on how to successfully partner with it.
• Define “value” and “value creation“ and the condition to value creation from a finance point of view
• Lead your understanding of the linkages between the Business Model the company is following and the financial performance of the company
• Finally feel comfortable with finance jargon such as Return on Invested Capital (ROIC), Economic Value Added (EVA™), WACC, P/E Ratios and Dividend Yields (amongst others)
• Non-finance executives who would like to have a better grasp of finance
• Human resources and learning/talent management professionals who want to understand finance and how to incorporate a finance topic into a learning program