Your information has been modified successfully. Do you want to save your changes?
One of the most important challenges of management development concerns the transition from leading a particular function or single specialty, to leading a business: successful business leadership that is leading an organization with multiple functions and profit responsibility calls for strong leadership skills – interpersonal effectiveness, communication, and influence – as well as business skills – understanding strategy, designing organizations and driving execution.
During this event, Professors Michael Watkins, world renowned expert on leadership transitions and author of The First 90 Days, and Phil Rosenzweig, professor of strategy and author of The Halo Effect, will explore and explain the challenges of moving up to business leadership. They will offer insights for individual managers facing new challenges, as well as address the ways that organizations can create a context for successful transitions.
• Principles of successful career transitions
• Practical models for business leadership
• Findings from recent research
• Lessons learned from successful and less successful transitions
• Mid-career managers, facing their own challenge of business leadership
• Senior executives, concerned with building a strong executive team
• Human resources executives, tasked with effective succession