Business intelligence training: grow your business through business intelligence training
Business intelligence training is a "must have" for both executives and corporations in today's fast-changing business world. The emergence of new market players, the proliferation of competitors and the need to constantly innovate to maintain a competitive edge means that business intelligence training should be fully integrated into an organization's training portfolio. In addition, as the marketplace and competitors have become global, so business intelligence training requires professional support from world-class executive training organizations.
Various business management schools offer business intelligence training as part of their executive programs. To be fully effective, business intelligence training should be fully integrated into corporate executive training ensuring that organizations remain competitive and have sufficient information to plan the launch of new products or services.
When looking for business intelligence training, particular attention should be paid to the following points:
- First and foremost, the training needs to meet the needs of the organization. Business intelligence contributes to a various aspects of a company's strategy - such as gaining market share in already-mature markets, entering new markets, or developing a customer analysis marketing plan. Before you can choose a business intelligence training program, you need to define which key strategic priorities the training should address.
- The definition of which departments should be prioritized to attend business intelligence training is also important. Corporate functions such as Marketing, Consumer Insights, Sales, Finance, Operations, Business Development and R&D would normally be on the top priority list for business intelligence training.
- Effective business intelligence training will have a good balance between theory and practical tools. The theoretical part will highlight the main areas to be assessed when gathering intelligence, while the practical sessions help ensure effective application of the theory.
- Look for business intelligence training that allows participants to work on company-specific challenges or projects. This will provide the greatest returns for both participants and their companies.
- Within business intelligence training, it may be important to include a corporate governance course since many aspects of business intelligence training may have legal or regulatory implications.
- Finally, the most valuable business intelligence training is likely to come from international business schools with a global perspective. By keeping track on global trends and having a broad perspective, such schools are better positioned to help you maintain a competitive edge than schools with a more regional or national focus.
Most good business schools offer business development courses and business administration degrees that include training on business intelligence. The above points provide a good starting place for identifying a program that meets your specific needs when it comes to business intelligence training.
Advance your business management career
Need cross-functional business skills for your next career move?
Discover how IMD's Foundations for Business Leadership program can prepare you for more senior management positions - download the free brochure now!
Looking for business intelligence training? How about IMD's:
- Leadership programs for young managers
- Management skills training for high-potential managers
- Business Administration Degrees
- Business management courses for future business leaders
- Personalized executive leadership coaching
- Conflict resolution skills training for experienced managers
- Program for developing leadership skills for women
- Business development strategy training for business leaders
- Executive leadership development program for senior executives
- Strategic marketing training
- Strategic financial courses
- Talent management training
- Corporate governance course for board members
- Training on family businesses dynamics
- Custom corporate leadership programs for companies
- Or use our Program Finder to identify the best program for you with business intelligence training!