International business online course: Broaden your horizons with an international business online course
An international business online course offers experienced functional managers an opportunity to build skills for leadership in the global arena. The challenge ahead is two-fold: first there is preparing for general management leadership itself, and secondly, preparing for the global environment. And make no mistake – you will face a whole new level of complexity in both regards. Top international business schools have the know-how required for executive education that meets these needs. For added flexibility, many of these schools offer blended executive education programs or international business online courses.
Skills for general management leadership
As an experienced functional manager, you've enjoyed growing responsibility and have always been able to count on your skills in your area of expertise to guide your team. Moving forward into global general management, you will need to lead in new ways. You will need to go beyond your past experience to manage multiple functions, teams in different countries, and/or different types of business activity. An international business online course should help you gain the necessary set of cross-functional leadership skills and capabilities:
- Knowledge of key business functions like finance, marketing and operations
- How to create value through functional integration
- Applying team capacity to complex business issues
- Leading international teams– language and cultural skills
- Strategy management
- International business development and building innovative business models
- Stakeholder engagement
- Effective negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
Skills and global perspectives to succeed in the international arena
A high-quality international business online course will also tackle the realities of complex international business operations. As an international business leader, you will be expected to simultaneously keep your own business objectives in sight while being completely aware of the big picture. And in today's market, nothing in that big picture is constant. An international business online course from a top business school will cover:
- Understanding the mega-trends changing the face of global business
- Volatility in the economic climate
- Emerging markets
- Industry and business trends
- Social, environmental, governmental players and issues
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- New technologies
- Changing customer needs
- Structuring and leading international business units – managing complexity and driving results
- Creating and sustaining vision
- Building the capacity to communicate and inspire teams
Top international business schools
If you are looking for an international business online course, keep in mind that your learning will be enhanced if you target international business schools with strong diversity and global perspectives. Look at the independent executive education rankings from well-known reviewers such as the Financial Times, Forbes and The Economist for their lists of the top international business schools. Executive programs at these schools are more likely to offer you the full breadth of skills learning needed for global leadership.
International business online courses with more: blended learning executive development programs
International business classes are a serious commitment of time and energy – even courses online. While international business online courses offer greater flexibility that on-campus business classes, you may want to think about how to best invest your time. There is a lot to gain by going on-campus at top international business schools. International professors and classmates put you directly in touch with diverse cultures, languages, and business backgrounds and functions. With business courses offered strictly online, you will miss out on this excellent training ground. The great "best-of-both-worlds" alternatives are blended executive programs that combine business management classes online with modules on-campus and/or on-the-ground in relevant locations, such as emerging markets. Blended executive programs are worth considering, as they give you a stronger hands-on learning experience than standard international business online courses.
IMD business school
Looking for an executive program from a top-ranked business school?
Use our interactive Program Finder to find the best executive development program for you!
Not the international business online courses you're looking for? How about IMD's:
- Executive development program for mid-career managers
- Leadership courses for experienced managers
- Business management training for young, high-potential managers
- Business management degrees
- Business development strategy program for leaders encountering a specific challenge
- Top executive education program for CEOs and other senior executives
- Corporate governance best practices program for board members
- Program for women business leaders
- Or use our Program Finder to find your best program for international business online courses!